A brand new look for the Webflow designer!

Cant see transforms in effects tabs while not close upper tabs.

Maybe it’s just me, but my brain wants the Preview button to be on the right beside the publish button, which is how you guys originally had it when you first rolled out the update (see images) :wink: (I also preferred the styling of the Page selector in the top left on the original version of the update)

Just minor things, but I keep going up to where Publish is only to remember that preview isn’t there, could just be me.

Another change I did not like was the selector classes. Before he showed all the items with the written text, now is strange, only one appears.

See example: text “link” appears in three classes, but does not show all when typing only “link”.

I have sites with many classes and I can not remember them all, I can end up creating new classes unnecessarily so.

But congratulations on agility in improving webflow! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks @callmevlad !
Everything’s very well thought out.

I also have this issue like @lucaspchara about the CSS Classes Menu.

When I push it to 20px instead of 5px it fixes it.
FYI I’m using Chrome:Mac.

Well, first of all love Webflow, since day one.

Now, the problem: i don’t know if it’s just me, but i honestly prefer the previous look:

1. Nothing should be on the design frame, now when i’m creating a navigation bar i see an ash bar on top of my design that has nothing to do with my design itself.

2. When adding a new element it falls over my design. It should have stayed on the right as it was.

3. The preview and pubblish button should have stayed where they were.

4. There is a toggle up for the bar on top when in preview mode, but it’s buggy, doesn’t go up always and most of the time even if it’s up it leaves an ash background.

The only improvement i liked is the Path bottom bar, that is amazing, but the rest!!

No disrespect intended, I know you guys have putting alot of time and work in making this new feel, and i really appreciate it, but please can you have a setting that will let one revert to the previous design interface?

2 Likes

I doubt its possible to revert considering the whole point of the update was to roll out future changes that would not work with the old design. I’ve only been in the new webflow for 5 minutes and I already love the new design just like almost everyone else on this thread. I think it will just take some time for you to get used to.

1 Like

Yes please, @callmevlad - check this feedback. I also have issues finding some classes, because now it seems you have to write the exact name of the class before it will actually autofill the existing class. It’s very frustrating… :frowning:

1 Like

Nothing should be on the design frame, now when i’m creating a navigation bar i see an ash bar on top of my design that has nothing to do with my design itself.

When adding a new element it falls over my design. It should have stayed on the right as it was.

I agree with that.

But I do not know if it’s a matter of getting used to.

but one thing was sensational: the new layout this much faster than the previous.

@rowan no it happens to all elements, not just symbols, its happening to me too on a site without any symbols

@rowan @jaidenraleach We’re looking into this - I don’t think it was intentional, so I’ll have an update (and hopefully a fix) for you guys soon.

Update: We just pushed a fix for this bug - it was actually caused by a weird combination of z-index issues. Yay web development! :smiley: Sorry about that guys, and let us know if it’s still not working for you after you refresh.

2 Likes

Looks like this works again. Thanks :punch:

2 Likes

Working perfect now. Thanks!

1 Like

This happened to me too. Try resizing your browser shorter, scroll up to get to the bottom. This worked for me.

Hello, it look really great but please “add element” panel is auto-closing. It’s annoying when I want to add multiple elements. I don’t want to push + icon every time i want to add something to my design. At least there must be an checkbox for “auto-close” option. At the moment it creates more “click” than it was before in workflow.

2 Likes

I think would be nice if we could reorder the pages dragging and dropping up or down to the selected order.

4 Likes

As a reminder, you can use the A keyboard shortcut to auto open the Add Panel.

OH MY! You guys have no idea how much excitement and warm feelings webflow brings to my everyday existence. Truly in love with you. Every update feels like Xmas :wink:

5 Likes

Thank you all for you feedback on the new UI! We want to get everyone’s feedback on the changes here:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Please create a new linked topic if you have further questions.