Ability to refresh random sort on page refresh

Hello!

I am trying to create a page for a friend where a single funny tweet or thought he has appears on the page. Below this line of text is a button that says “Another!”. What I would like to happen is that you can click on this button and a new line of text appears–sort of like a magic 8-ball. I would also like the text on the button to change words too.

What I did was make two collections: one for the central text and one for the button text. I then made a dynamic list with a random sorting order and limiting it to 1 item from the collection. I added a script to the button so that when pressed it refreshes the page. The problem is that I can’t seem to actually randomize it. it will only randomize if i publish the site again.

I looked on the forums, and there was an article about how you can randomize the sort order, and (using a custom script) trigger the randomizing upon a refresh. The problem with this, though, is that it only works if you display all the items in your collection. I only want to display a single item from my collection, but which one that is changes on each refresh.
Can you all think of something I could do to achieve this?
(when you click on my public share link, the page i am trying to work on is called thoughts.)

Thank you!

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)