Act-On / Webflow Form integration

1. I love your platform.

2. Goal: When the contact form is completed, the form’s content is sent to my hidden Act- On form.

Tool being used now (without success): Method A (formcap.js) - Google Docs

Public Urls (I use the prefilled form url):

Act On Data Field Names:
name
email
phone
comments

Potential tool needing to be used (because I think the forms are utilizing AJAX): Javascript-based method to capture submissions: Example B - Google Docs

Problem: I receive a Webflow email notifying me that the contact form has been filled out but the ActOn info request does not Post form’s info.

What do you think?
Does the Webflow Contact Form use Ajax?

I am more then happy to call and talk with you and/or screenshare. Just send me a message.

To the Anon that submitted the form, it came through.

Someone just submitted to email-form from www.ctslanguagelink.com with the following:

Name: asfdsdf
Email: sdfsadf@zasdfasd.cadf
Phone: 3243242423
Comments: fsgfdgsdgfdsgsdfgfd

To view and configure your form entries, visit Design Responsive Websites - Webflow

Solved!
The team over at Act-On helped me out.
We used the “jQuery .ajax method”

1. We removed the original Act On code from the “Custom Code” section in dashboard section.
  2. We Exported the Code form Webflow
  3. We referenced this (from Act-On’s knowledge base)

The code for copy/pasta:

$.ajax({
async: false,
url: ‘your-url-where-request-is-sent.php’,
type: ‘POST’,
data: PostData,
success: function(data) {

/* YOUR EXTERNAL POST URL GOES HERE INSIDE THE QUOTES (replacing the example URL) */
var extPostURL = ‘http://www.actonsoftware.com/acton/eform/9999/0001/d-ext-0001’;

var aoQs = $(‘#my_form_id’).serialize(); // jQuery method to generate query-string based on submitted form content
var createLeadURL = extPostURL + ‘?’ + aoQs;
var aoIfrm = $(‘

1 Like

Hey, thanks for posting this info, I’m having the exact same issue right now but I’m not versed in how to use/implement javascipt or ajax or whatever. My question is, what do you do with that $.ajax code you reference at the end? Is that just inserted as a code embed in the body section just like the other codes were embedded? Step by step or “dumbed down” instructions would be super helpful and I would be eternally grateful for your help. Thanks!