Delete images from Asset Manager

First of all, nice work Webflow Team!
… Question, can we delete images directly from the asset manager or at least link us to where the image resides so we can delete? (I have images I was unaware were in my project which I need to delete)

6 Likes

Noticed too! Cool… Awesome… merveilleux! Continue your really great work!

1 Like

Hi @smmj,

Thanks for the technical feedback on the Asset Manager. All feedback is welcome :slight_smile:

At the moment you can add, but not delete the images. We continue to tweak the Asset Manager and will look into this further :slight_smile: You can expect additional feature updates/fixes as we receive more information,

Cheers, Dave

Amazing new addition to Webflow - love it.

I noticed stray images in the library as well, but I think it is only the upload to the server, I don’t think in my case it has any impact on the deployed / published site load. The images themselves do not show up in classes or exported code or CSS. I will check closely tomorrow on a couple of larger sites. You do a quick search on your site by filename on a published site using the chrome inspector if you want to quickly confirm.

Hi @vlogic, thanks for the feedback. We expect to make some tweaks, so keep the feedback coming :slight_smile:

Images that are shown in the Asset Tab are not downloaded by the site visitor. The images shown on the Asset Tab, are those that have been uploaded to the site and are available for you to use in your design. Only images used in your design and layouts, either widgets or backgrounds etc., will be included for publishing and exports.

If you want to see view the images that will be used during a publish, click on the Export button in the Design Mode view. There in the Export Modal, you can see all the images that will be used during publish/export. There is room to improve this for sure :slight_smile:

Cheers, Dave

This might be the wrong place but i wanted to reply with this to the announcement of the asset manager.

But I would really like to see a delete button in the panel for each image. My sites have so many unused images in there that I’d love to clean up. Also a toggle for used/unused images highlighted would be awesome!

Keep up the good work!

10 Likes

HI guys @webflow.

AMAZING new feature for images :smile: I have one request for ya :wink:
Could you include folders option?

And of course delete option. This is one hell of a need option :wink: I have photos on panel, that have uploaded two years ago :stuck_out_tongue: and no loger need them. :smiley:

Keep up with good work guys

3 Likes

Just a minor bug I’ve found - I have a lightbox and 3 images inside - when trying to add a forth the option for “upload” just shows the button as “uploading” with a frozen progress bar…you possibly can add more than three, it only started happening after I clicked “change image” while one was still uploading… this may have caused it, not sure?

Fantastic new addition. When changing the background image I Love the way one can ‘Hover’ the image in the ‘assets’ and see what it will look like before changing. Onwards and upwards. :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks @smmj, keep reporting these, we want to find if there are any additional quirky behavior :slight_smile: Cheers, Dave

@dva12, thanks a lot for the suggestion, I like it, so do you want folders in tabs or folders in nav tree view, or both, or how? If we can build it, and it fits in, we probably will :slight_smile: Cheers, Dave

@cyberdave… A simple page refresh seems to unfreeze the issue until it happens again. I’ve now noticed it happens when you click upload, but then select no image. Anyway, hope it helps. :wink:

@thalco…didn’t notice this before, cool!

Maybe if you add an option to open Assets in full page with folder options to sort pictures. and maybe on assets panel pictures in folders as user arranged them.

For instance, On my HDD I have folder Webflow, inside which there are more subfolders for, let’s say, Background Image, Gallery, Icons, and so on…I have Photography website, so my folders are for each category (black&white, Macro, Landscape…) Get the picture? :wink:

And so, in assets Panel I could click on Folder I want some pictures from. And If there was an option to maximise Panel, where i could arrange Folders and subfolder… would be Super-Mega-Awsome thing :smiley:

What do you think?

1 Like

…a search input could also prove very useful

2 Likes

Cool!

1. At first, I’d like to select images that are duplicated and say to Webflow “these are the same images, use only on”
  2. The other feature needed is “replace asset”, to be able to replace the asset by something else, most likely an optimized version of an existing asset.
  3. I would also like to see the dimensions of images in the last list view, and asset weight in ko for the two last lists, along with dimensions.

I hope future will bring us:

• show unsused images (a marker on the image and a sort for these)
  • deletion of images and mass deletion of unused images
  • show how many times an image is used, with a link opening all the pages where it is, in tabs
  • folders that affect the structure of files and/or tags for virtual folders within the designer
  • I like @dva12 suggestion of a fullpage Asset view, for when you have to deal with lots of assets… That could be cool to work with unoptimized assets and once the project is complete, replacing everything with optimized versions. Full page would mean bigger thumbs, more practical tool to work with.

And one silly thing, I think the “Sort” icon is very developer, the symbol behing the arrow must be a “pile”, something coding related.

http://vincent.polenordstudio.fr/snap/n62wa.jpg

For designers and other people, the usual sorting icon could be easier to identify:

http://vincent.polenordstudio.fr/snap/h3jrn.jpg

4 Likes

This is pure magic for page layout and rapid image selection! But it has a quirk or unexpected behavior.

@cyberdave:
If the image has background display properties like size cover, the new image that replaces it does not preserve that size attribute. This occurs even when replacing the image with the exact same image. The image comes in at original pixel size. If this is intentional please ignore. Kind of torn between feature and bug on this one. It does preserve positioning offset adjustments and tiling attributes.

Correction: I was wrong - no inheritance issue - only that image cover defaults to actual size

Lots of assets that aren’t being used in the site show in the asset manager. I thought WebFlow only saved the images actually used on the site. I’d like to be able to delete an image (but only if not in use…maybe have a warning if it is in use).

Hey guys! Thanks for the feature requests! This is the first step of the asset manager as mentioned by @YoavGivati and @callmevlad in the original announcement post (below). We wanted to launch with a lot of your requested features, but decided it’s better to release something sooner than later. It’ll have a lot more features that you would expect in an asset manager as we build it out. Cheers! :beers:

http://forum.webflow.com/t/new-feature-asset-manager/11506/2

4 Likes

I’m guessing this is part of making a CMS possible…?

3 Likes