Can't type "2 keys" accentuated letter

@aaronocampo and @VladimirVitaliyevich do you have your language codes set for your sites?
https://help.webflow.com/article/how-to-add-a-language-code-to-a-webflow-site

Not languages set, I tried to change to Spanish and returning to English and still not working :disappointed:

@aaronocampo can you please send me a link to the site where you’re seeing this behavior? You’ll need to set the language in your site settings then publish your site for the settings to take effect.

Like I mentioned the problem is in every site that I’m currently working on but I share the first one I noticed it in

https://webflow.com/design/ipa-solutions-uk?p=5748b6c1c90a9aef5d13dd23

Hey @aaronocampo if you use the Spanish code: “es”, hit save and then re-publish your site then you can use the special characters. ​Please let me know if this solves the problem, if not, I’m happy to help further :slight_smile:

Some concerns about this…

Hello @Waldo I tried changing the language site as you mentioned but I still can’t use those special characters.

Some questions and thoughts about it, why is that now, shouldn’t be the same as always? and I don’t get why I should change the language on a site to make those special characters work, what happens with sites (like mine) that have pages in different languages? In this case my site is in english and Spanish but what if I make a site in Spanish and Portuguese?

Is it a recent unknown change that is making this happen?

Hi @aaronocampo, could you let me know what browser is being used and version? Also what operating system do you use?

If on mac, does this method work for you? https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201586

1 Like

I’m on OS X, Chrome and Safari, everything up to date.

This is not really possible to type text using the method you refer to :slight_smile: I mean it’s technically possible, but it’s not how we type.

It happens only in Webflow. For example here in the forum, it works as expected: â ë etc…

As it affects the editor too, clients are unable to edit inline content for four days now. Note that it affects inline content only. So within the “designer”. If a post is added or edited, it’s in a form outside of the webflow engine, accents work as expected.

1 Like

Hello @cyberdave I use Mac OS X and tried it in Safari and Chrome and it’s the same everywhere.

I tried in other apps, websites and it works just fine, Webflow is the only one that is having this error.

Hello again

Is there any news with this topic @cyberdave @Waldo @PixelGeek @webflow?

I need to finish a couple of websites :grimacing:

I had the same problem when writing in Brazilian portuguese, but now is all working fine with the tip from @cyberdave which I did not know by the way. Thanks!!

"(press and hold character until selection pops up) "

1 Like

Using the iOS-like method for OS X actually works, but it’s a pain to write like that — specially when writing long texts. I hope that’s not the solution @webflow is officially offering for this issue.

Setting the correct site language (in my case, Brazilian Portuguese) doesn’t work at all. I still can’t use those special characters.

1 Like

Same problem here. It used to work before.

Even simple characters like é, ö, etc will result in e´ and o¨

1 Like

Hi @rowan and others thanks for the info, the issue is actively being investigated, as soon as there is an update/resolution, I will let you know. I am sorry for the trouble.

I changed the language to Portuguese and I tried with the IOS-like method for OS X. It is still not working for me.

I am on a Chrome Version 52.0.2743.24 beta (64-bit)

Mac OS Captain Version 10.11.2

http://recordit.co/AyjjptpkZ3

@vincent @thiago @aaronocampo @VladimirVitaliyevich @discovoador @ilustrebob @rowan

Sorry for the delayed response on this bug. We are pushing a fix for this today. I’ll reply to this thread once the fix is live.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

@vincent @thiago @aaronocampo @VladimirVitaliyevich @discovoador @ilustrebob @rowan

Fix has been pushed live. :slightly_smiling:

If there is any issues, please reply back on this thread.

3 Likes

It is working now! Thanks @PixelGeek !

Working now! THANKS!!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.