New feature: customizable reply-to for forms

Small feature, but definitely a request that we’ve heard from many users out there. You can now use data captured by your form to determine what the reply-to address should be on form notification emails. Use the same {{ Email }} syntax you’re used to on other form settings.

Here’s an example:

Construct an email field

Remember the name of the field. In this case, it’s “Email”. Note, your name may not contain any special characters. Only letters, numbers, and - are supported in the Name field.

Set your Reply To Address

On your site’s form settings, you can use the name you specified in your form fields. For example {{ Email }} to use the field name we specified above.

Customize Reply-To Display

You can also customize the display of the reply-to field, like this:

Note - You must wrap the email address in < > syntax so email clients can parse out the email address

Voila! Here’s what customizable reply-to looks like in gmail:

21 Likes

Man o man, this cost much less time than a Zap from zapier!

Top!!!

1 Like

Very helpful, thanks! :+1:

Yeah finally :slight_smile: This is really NICE!

Great News though I cannot get it to work based on your directions. It keeps replying to the name in the from name along with no-reply@webforms.io

Shoot us an email at support@webflow.com and we’ll be happy to take a look

Nice one dudes! :smiley:

Thanks @brryant @bart helped me out!

1 Like

Hot diggity! Yes yes yes! Thank you!

Finally!!! Thank you!! @brryant if you’ve done this, I know you can make it so that we can also set up a notification to the senders using the data captured by the form!!! That would help out every webflow designer who has a form on their website! (i.e. Thank you, User. We are confirming receipt of your email. etc.)

1 Like

Absolutely, @mrgovindrai. 1,000% agree that this feature would be SO helpful.

1 Like

We don’t have autoresponders planned yet, but I believe you can set up something similar with Mailchimp if you want to subscribe your users there.

1 Like

Great feature! thank you Webflow team! :smile:

I’ll just leave this here…

This was a hard one. Can’t get it to work with Apple Mail. Does this just work with certain mail clients?

Hey @StevenP when you hit reply, the recipients email & name should be showing up. Can you try that and see if it works for you?

E-mail adress shows up but wrapped with quotation marks (“persson_159@icloud.com”) and as the name i only see the <{{ name }}>.
When hitting reply, the Apple Mail app warnes me that this doesn’t seem to be a correct e-mail adress (apparently because of the quotation marks

Hey Steven, send us the link to your contact form and we’ll let you know what’s the proper setup for it :)

Eg. if you have a form with email field that you set a name of “Email Me” then your replyTo field in dashboard->form should look like this: {{ Email Me }}.

Question: is this also working in the field:
“Send form submissions to:”

1 Like

HI @Koen, good question. Not yet, however the wish list for that is still active. Keep tuned!

Thanks Dave!, always good to wait for something nice!