Default Link Color In Rich Text

Is there a way to set default styling for text link? I can’t see anyway to define a link style in the designer other than giving it a class and I’m not able to attach that class when I add a text link through the CMS / Rich Text field. I’m sure I’m just missing something.

So now when I add a link into the blog content it displays with the default “link” color, I just need to be able to define that color. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hope this helps:

1. Add a rich text element into the canvas
  2. Add a class to the rich text element
  3. Select a link
  4. Choose “All Links” tag
  5. Click on the button under the selector for “nested selector”
  6. Style away!

If it’s bound to dynamic content then apply the same class to that rich text element and it will be applied.

5 Likes

This works beautifully! Thanks @thesergie!

I actually have a styled link within my Rich Text field. However, I now can’t seem to go back and restyle the link. How do I do this?

I am setting each link within the Blog Post collection on the Blog Post Template page.

Additionally, whilst I am typing in the Post Body field (Rich Text Field) within the Blog Post Collection, I want to create some links that open in a new tab and others that don’t. How is this possible?

Here’s the read-only share link:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/wedesignlondon?preview=18c7f902641491e6ae190af9ef887a28

I hope this makes sense!

Thanks

Dan

At the moment the only way to do it is to drag a new Rich Text Block into the site, add the same class to it and style the link there. Then it will apply to the dynamic rich text block with the same class.

I want to create some links that open in a new tab and others that don’t

I’d create a separate topic for this because i consider it a separate issue to this topic.

Thanks @thesergie

However, while it seems that the link within the Rich Text Field can be styled in this way, there doesn’t seem to be an option to open the link in a new tab or not within the settings. Is this actually the case or am I missing something?

there doesn’t seem to be an option to open the link in a new tab or not within the settings

I’m confused. Didn’t you just create a separate topic for this feature request? Why post the same question here?

Hi

No, it’s not the same.

I’m referring to the normal link within a rich text field in a collection.

Above you say:

“At the moment the only way to do it is to drag a new Rich Text Block into the site, add the same class to it and style the link there. Then it will apply to the dynamic rich text block with the same class.”

Which is fine and I have done this, but there doesn’t appear to be a way to adjust the settings of the link so it opens in a new window. See images above. So is this possible?

The the separate topic that I started referred to wanting links to behave differently within the rich text field in the CMS.

Sorry for the confusion!

This topic is called “Default Link Color in Rich Text” so the discussion should be about link color. The other topic “Ability to set link targets in rich text fields” is about setting different link targets for links inside of rich text fields. In that topic i responded that we’re working on a way to specify the target because at the moment it’s not supported for links in rich text fields.