Does the "Address" tag always make the fonts italic?

I’ve noticed that the “Address” tag applied to a div makes the fonts inside italic. At first I thought this was some error on my side or some bug. Then I discovered this forum topic (dating 2009): <ADDRESS> tag not in Italics? - HTML forum at WebmasterWorld - WebmasterWorld .

So does the the “Address” tag make the fonts italic by default?

Hi @uzzer, thanks for the good question. Yes that seems to be standard behavior for most browsers. Take a peek at this article: HTML address tag

Notice the line “The text in the element usually renders in italic.”

I hope this helps!

Hm, what would be the best way to go about this?

Would it make sense for Webflow to provide a ready-made fix within the platform?

Hi @uzzer, I do not think this is a bug with Webflow, just regular browser behavior. There is probably a workaround to style the content as you wish. I am happy to take a look further on a test site and will get back to you with more info.

And yes, anything that Webflow can do to build in native solutions is the preferred method :slight_smile: This could be added as a Wish List item.

Thanks, I made a wish out of this: http://forum.webflow.com/t/built-in-solution-for-fixing-the-italics-which-come-with-using-the-address-tag/28773

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.