Help w/ Problem w/ CMS - Can't Display From Same Category

My CMS has the setup such that business have a multi-reference to categories.

So the on the business template page shouldn’t I be able to create a dynamic list that contains all business in the same category as the current business?

Can’t figure out how to do that :frowning:

See business template page at the bottom -
Preview - https://preview.webflow.com/preview/good-service-guide-6c4fea?preview=b317c0e2bcebd3422f3c749fc7ba622e

Appreciate any help anyone can offer!

Seems like a bug to me.

@PixelGeek what say you sir? Is this a bug? Or is my collection not setup properly? Thanks in advance.

can you show me where the issue is? I’m not sure I understand :frowning:

Sure. On the Business Template page, there’s a div called RelatedBusiness toward the bottom.

Here I have a dynamic list where I want to display other businesses in the same category as the current business.

In my CMS ‘business’ has a multi-reference to ‘Category’, so shouldn’t I be able to do that?

Let me know if you need more explanation. Thanks!!

@PixelGeek any luck? Thanks!

Hi @Damon_Daisley_Wilson - from what it looks like, you should be able to do this, but you’ll need to add a single reference field to your collection (this is not possible with just a multi-ref field)

(1) Add a single reference field to your Collection named “Businesses” and reference the Collection named “Categories”
(2) Update the single-ref fields for some items in the Businesses Collection
(3) Refresh the Designer (refresh is due to current bug we’re working on fixing right now)
(4) Add the “filter by multi-ref contains category of current item”

Can you try this and let me know if this helps you achieve your intended design? TIA!

Thanks that helps.

Not ideal since Business can belong to multiple categories but I guess I’ll have to make do.

1 Like