How can I set up The Final Countdown?

Hey,

Anybody can help me to setup this countdown?
http://hilios.github.io/jQuery.countdown/

Countdown clocks can be ridiculous to setup. Would love to see if anyone has a simple solution for implementing this countdown clock. The issue I encountered multiple times with setting one up, was that it would make the javascript cal (to start the countdown)l at the refresh of the page instead of calling it from another point to give it a true countdown to a certain date. @cyberdave or @callmevlad can probably give a solution here or point us in the right direction. :smile:

@Waldo_Broodryk
Yes, it seems easy. I tried insert the code at the 2 fields in webflow custom code and didnt work

Yes I also tried and failed… I would like that to be a widget.

Hi @Excellentchoice, I hope you are doing well.

The first point I would like to make, is that we do not support custom jQuery plugins from our support desk, so it is good you asked this question in the Need Help pages :slight_smile:

If you have any issues with this, here is the place to reach out :slight_smile:

Second, I have created a small example site, with the countdown timer plugin implemented, and you can clone that to see how it was made: https://webflow.com/website/jquery-countdown

In the Footer of the site, you put a link to where you have the countdown jQuery script stored. In my case, I used rackspace, but you can use dropbox also.

Also in the Footer, you put the script code needed for the plugin:

<script type="text/javascript">
   $("#getting-started")
   .countdown("2016/01/01", function(event) {
     $(this).text(
       event.strftime('%D days %H:%M:%S')
     );
   });
</script>

You can change the countdown date above in the script code.

In the body of the site, is a div with the ID “getting-started”.

​I hope this helps, cheers, Dave :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @cyberdave

You really helped me.

@cyberdave being the coolest guy ever :smiley: Thank you so much!!!

Hey @cyberdave do you have any idea how to get it to countdown to a certain time on that selected day? That’s where I had troubles with it previously.

Thanks again so much!!!

Hi, yes, then the countdown date would be entered like:

<script type="text/javascript">
   $("#getting-started")
   .countdown("2016/01/01 12:30:00", function(event) {
     $(this).text(
       event.strftime('%D days %H:%M:%S')
     );
   });
</script>

Where the countdown timer will execute until it is 12:30pm. The hour units can be put in military time format.

More info on all the parameters is here: Documentation - jQuery.countdown

Cheers,Dave

1 Like

Here an example with some css

1 Like

Nice work @diegomusiat :slight_smile: I’m gonna have to take a stab at implementing one of these soon :slight_smile: awesome job :slight_smile:

1 Like

Brilliant @diegomusiat, I had full confidence :slight_smile: Nice job :slight_smile: Cheers, Dave

1 Like

Thanks @Waldo_Broodryk and @cyberdave

@Waldo_Broodryk i hope you can setup the code

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.