How To Make A Wordpress Template From The Webflow Site?

Hello, webflow is amazing! I saw that people here talked about making a wordpress tempalte from the webflow export.
I would be very happy to know how to do it. Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Sorry I dont have anything to contribute to this, but I’d also like to know!

There is some discussion about this in the post at Is there an option to blog? - General - Forum | Webflow. Might help get you started.

One user suggests using the starkers theme as a starting point, and has done so with his own site.

Thanks, I checked out the thread, though, I admit I am not the savvy in code, is there any tutorial to do this? if anyone can give me a link for it, I would be grateful.

@bartekkustra said he would make one next week:

2 Likes

That’s great, I can’t wait for it :slight_smile:

Id also like to know what the capabilities are for integrating webflow and a wordpress CMS. ( Being that Designers using webflow becuase we dont know how to code, you would think that a lot of us do know a little about wordpress becuase wordpress also offers us a solution for building websites without knowing a lot of code.) that being said, i dont see much info at all about what we can do in the way of a blogging platform, or a CMS like wordpress. Maybe im just missing these tutorials or info somewhere?

Wordpress is pretty much a must for my websites, so if I can use webflow and then turn my site into a wordpress theme that would be great…

1 Like

There are some tutorials here on how to do this using Ultimatum:

I saw some threads about this and people saying they would make a tutorial but they never did. Closest thing I’ve found is of the Ultimatum tutorial but that never actually went over how to make the blog. So has there been a blog tutorial yet at all?

So what kind of blog tutorial are you looking for? How to make a wordpress blog? How to make a blog in webflow?

good ?

Mainly what are the options for a blog is really what im trying to figure out? what kind of CMS system is available to use with web-flow? Is it possible to use web-flow along and then turn it into a wordpress CMS?

If a websites does not have a good cms system that pretty much sets the websites back about 6 years doesnt it? If I would need to re-design a post or a page everytime and re-upload through FTP that would sucks.

It all depends of what you want from a CMS but you need to get your hands dirty with code as it is for now. I found that Pulsecms quite easy to understand and with lot of features. Wordpress is fine but for us none coders it is not the easiest task to make a theme. Also look at Perch, Cloudcannon, Get-Simple and Surreal CMS. They are all simple with different approach.

No. Using WordPress sets your site back six years. WordPress has become the AOL of CMS software. You think you need it because everyone else has it, but you don’t need it.

The LAMP stack is on the way out. Anyway, 99% of what WordPress does can be done using a flat file CMS. Use Jekyll and host on GitHub Pages for free. Or just pay the $5/month for Webflow hosting.

Believe me when I say, by the time you understand WordPress, you’ll realize you don’t need it. Then you’ll have wasted time learning PHP instead of a useful language like JavaScript. I did this myself.

Mods, I think this topic should be pinned, since it gets asked so often.

The core version of WordPress may be behind 6 years, but the customization and public plugins are years ahead of any other CMS and anything you could custom code as a beginner. Also, WordPress is made for people that don’t want to learn PHP, JavaScript, or any language at all. That being said, choose the program/software/language that’s right for you.

Which plugins do you find irreplaceable?

Prosites, Jetpack, rename wp-login.php, broken link checker, BuddyPress, BBPress and the large directory of themes, just to name a few. When you create a site that needs full customization or implements things that people most likely would not make plugins for but the large WordPress community does have plugins for, such as gaming or rentals. I know that some of these can be replaced, but not all in a single program. That’s all I’ll say on the matter, as this is not the right place to argue which CMS is better. Also, as I stated above, choose the program/software/language that’s right for you. If you think a program is better than WordPress, more power to you.