I can't seem to do an appointment calendar

Hello everyone,

a few weeks ago i asked if someone could give me an idea on how to do an appointment calendar for my site. I’m kind of stuck here. I did something with tabs and forms in each tabs (tabs=days of calendar) but it’s very complicated i think…

Does anyone have maybe a better idea?

Thank you

In order to think about a solution, we’d need to know what the problem is. So what’s the functionality of the calendar?

Switching months? Opening details of entries (on it’s own page)?

Hi @ollo, one thing you can do, one possible solution for you, is to use Google Calendar and embed that to your site using the Embed widget. Here is some information on Embedding a Google calendar. That is probably the easiest custom code solution.

I hope this helps :slight_smile: Cheers!

1 Like

@Tom, The calendar have to have a slider (switching months) and clicking on each day it must show the available hours for medical consultation. It would be good that the month appears for example at the left, and the content of each day (hours) at the left by clicking. I already did this but it’s very complicated and it takes time. I just wanted to know if there was a easier way. Thank you!

@cyberdave, I know this solution but i can’t seem to change the google calendar design, the one by default doesnt fit my website design at all. Do you know how to do this? Thank you

Hi @ollo, I am no Google Calendar expert, but there is options for customization, from that page:

“If you’d like to customize your embedded calendar, click the Customize the color, size, and other options link above the iframe field to access the Google Embeddable Calendar Helper. Carefully select your options in the Calendar Helper and paste the customized iframe code in your website.”

Now, if that still does not work, you can experiment with custom CSS to alter the look of your calendar, this is custom code, so you need to work with this yourself or get some help on the forum from some of the nice folks here :smile:

Another option entirely is to use some other calendar scripts, which are also custom code, but it is possible to use a jQuery plugin for example to make an appointment calendar, you have to look around on the net for such plugins.

I wish we had a Calendar widget right now, that can help you, built in to Webflow, but we will need to wait for that in a future update.

I hope that helps ! Let us know if more questions. Cheers, Dave

A post was merged into an existing topic: Calendar/date/time picker element for forms/widgets