Navigation Logo Jumping

Hello!

I am in the process of building out the tablet experience of my site and am running into an issue with the logo in my nav bar jumping around. I have laid out the navigation to my needs on the homepage, and have turned this nav bar into a symbol to be replicated across all other pages. Even though these newly replicated nav bars are being built under the exact same parameters (since they are symbols/copies) the logo image is jumping and not staying in the same position. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

My read only link is https://preview.webflow.com/preview/cold-storage?preview=7b4d955f9c9ba5bf0e51fe20a26d027b

Thanks!

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

Hello @rimann20

It seems that you added extra styling on the brand link when it is in “Current” stage. that it why it looks jumping when you change pages.

If you wanted to add more padding/margins on that brand link it is better to do this not on the home page or unlink it from home page before adding some changes.

Regards,
Anna

Hi @sabanna

Thanks so much for looking into this for me. I just completely rebuilt the nav, being sure not to add any kind of Current state properties. I am still running into the same problem.

This is probably a stupid question, but how do I edit the “Current” state? I know how to edit the other primary states (hover, pressed, etc.) but am not familiar with how to view and edit the current state of an asset.

Thank you for your help!

When link and page (section) which connected to this link are on the same screen view then this link will automatically get “Current” state.

Example: link which should bring user to the home page will have “Current” state when home page is open and will not have this state when about page is open.

Here is screencast how you can fix your problem: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-7cg8BSq1Z_d0Nsc2lHWktURVk/view

@sabanna That did the trick! Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out, it is very much appreciated!!

1 Like

:slight_smile: Glad I could help!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.