New Feature: Zapier integration for Form Submissions

Hi everyone! I have some exciting news to share: today we’re releasing Zapier integration for your site’s form submissions.

What this means is, if you’re on a personal plan or above, you can now take your form submissions and send them to Zapier to send to other services! We’re already using it to take one of our forms and sending the data to Google Docs.

Thorough documentation for not only Zapier, but also creating your own apps via OAuth2, is coming very soon, but here’s some instructions for setting up one of your forms with Zapier:

First, head over to Zapier and set up a new account.

If you’re not automatically brought to the New Zap page, go to Make a New Zap in your Dashboard:

You’ll set up a new trigger with Webflow, and select Form Submission. In this example, we’ll be connecting our form to Google Sheets.

Next, you’ll connect your Webflow account:

You’ll hit Continue on the next page, and you’ll be brought to Webflow. If you’re not signed in, sign in, and you’ll be presented with a screen like this:

Hit Authorize Application, and Zapier will confirm that the account is okay. You’ll go through the same flow with your Google account and should be presented with a screen like this afterwards:

Next, you’ll need to select the site and form you’d like Zapier to listen for new form submissions on. In my example, I’m using my awesome site and a form called Email Form:

The form name can be found in the designer if you don’t know it or are setting it up for the first time:

You’ll then be brought to a screen that asks you to fill out the spreadsheet name and sheet you’d like to use, as well as the columns you’d like to use.

Note that you’ll need to set up the spreadsheet to have the same columns as your data, and will need one sample row of data in that spreadsheet. You can delete this row later.

Next, select Insert Fields and wait for Zapier to do its thing. If it gives you an Error: Please submit a sample form submission error, just go to your published site and submit a sample piece form submission. If you’ve done this and it still doesn’t show up, double check that the form name is correct, and that you’re using the correct site.

When you click on Insert Fields, it’ll bring up a dialog box. Hit, OK, I did this and wait for it to get the sample data that Webflow has sent:

Click on All done! and, if necessary, close any additional dialogs that might show up. Next you’ll select the pieces of data you’d like to use for which field:

After that, you’ll be able to test the trigger. If you’d like to test that the data is sent correctly, hit Test Zap with this sample:

If everything’s working, you should see the sample data you originally submitted in the spreadsheet:

Hit Continue, and name your Zap. Now you’re ready to go forth and conquer the world with your new form submission automation!

One can use Zapier to send Webflow form submissions to Marketo, Salesforce, and other CRM solutions too.

If you have any ideas of what you’d like to see as a trigger for Zapier, let us know and we’ll take a look!

Cheers!
Josh

32 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Please create a new linked topic if you have further questions.