Position: absolute in css

Hi guys,

I have limited about knowledge and thanks to Webflow team createed this awesome website. It helped me understand much more about designing web. But I have a problem now, my back-end coder complained that I shouldn’t use position: ansolute in css, it’s impossible for them to code.

Is it true?

What’re they having issues with where absolute positioning is affecting anything that they’re doing? Doesn’t make sense to me.

I think they are having an issue with the way the elements show up on different screen sizes. Using position absolute makes an element float on the page.

Can you please update your post with some more information so we can help you faster? Things like screenshots and your environment info really speed things up.

Posting guidelines can be found here: Posting Guidelines for the Design Help Category - General - Forum | Webflow

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Can you please look at my site, click Start a campaign to see my problem: Webflow - dragoneejob
I haven’t designed the homepage yet so it’s nothing on homepage.
I messed around with position, and found out that absolute works best for reponsive design, because the layout won’t be messed up if we change screen sized. It’s what I learn from using Webflow latelt, and now i’m a bit confuse: what’s wrong with using absolute position?
My back-end coder complained that the code I exported is totallywrong.

More about…CSS Positioning

Walsh

Hi, this article may help: http://blog.webflow.com/web-design-how-element-spacing-works

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.