Removing the gradient styling from Select form drop-down

Hey. So i am trying to override the default styling of the select drop-down and I have achieved much of it to a certain degree using the following code in the custom HTML & CSS areas in the site:

.ab_form-select-input {
        background-color: #eeeeee  ;
        color: #b2b2b2  ;
         font-size: inherit;
        padding: .5em;
         padding-right: 2.5em;	
        border: 0;
        margin: 0;
        border-radius: 3px;
        text-indent: 0.01px;
        text-overflow: '';
        border: 0 !important;
        -webkit-appearance: none !important;
        }

Unfortunately there still seems to be a distracting gradient that takes away much of the styling that is achieved from the above code. I am trying to take off this gradient. Any chance someone would be able to share a work around this? I am attempting to make the select box as visually similar to the other input fields in this form.

I have attached an image to show you what I mean. (Also the default select arrow has disappeared due to the custom styling. Will be working on that later).

PS: I will share the public link if it is needed. Since this is more of a general question, I haven’t linked it here. Thank you in advance.

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

Would appreciate if someone could help me out with this. Thank you.

Hi @jakerawlins, in order to help you faster, can you please share screenshots of the form drop-down location in your design, plus the read-only link to your site?

It may seem like a general question, but every design is different, and the read-only link helps to get to the root cause of the issue faster.

Thanks in advance !

Hey @cyberdave

Thanks for the response. I have duplicated the project and have isolated the page so that you can get to it easily.

The read-only link is : https://preview.webflow.com/preview/abv04?preview=54df5ce5ba9465ec3930abb808c8e5d4

The select I am referring to is the “Subsidiary” field.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.