[RESOLVED] Trouble Loading Webflow Dashboard?

Hey @PixelGeek and @cyberdave I am unable to load webflow at the moment. Is an update being pushed? My internet cut out for a second and I had to restart it then reconnect and haven’t been able to get back on to webflow. Internet has been up and working perfectly for everything else. I’m also getting an “Oops, something went wrong” red bar at the top of the screen.

I keep getting to this and then the loading bubble just keeps looping:

Thanks,

Waldo

Hi @Waldo_Broodryk :smile:

Sorry about the outage. :frowning: We are aware of the issue and currently working on it. I’ll respond here once I have an update :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You should also add login server status to http://status.webflow.com

@Waldo_Broodryk @PixelGeek Definitely an outage of the server for the dashboard.

Error: 503 Service unavailable: Backend server is at capacity.

Please resolve this asap.

1 Like

Thanks man, is it a routine update/refresh or simply an outage? Thank you for hopping right on it :slight_smile: haha. I tried everything before asking, restarting the browser, clearing cache, trying an alternate browser and even restarting my machine haha. Sure you all will be able to resolve this easily :slight_smile:

Thank you,

Waldo

Thanks for posting the link @samliew :slight_smile: I’m now #subscribed haha

@Waldo_Broodryk @samliew

Looks like we are back up. can you please confirm?

2 Likes

It seems like we are back in business.

1 Like

We are back in Business!!! Thank you @PixelGeek :smiley: #InstaResolution

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.