Sad topic - Be careful - Jess Goh from JCAWorldwide

Hi,

That’s a bad topic but need to be told. On Mar, 26, a user called “Shopboy” posted this: http://forum.webflow.com/t/one-page-webflow/10744 . I applied the job and started to work with him.

At the same day, he dealed with me a small job, $100:

JCAWorldWIde - Jess Goh jess@jcaworldwide.com
Mar 26
to me

Hello Renan,

Nice knowing you.

As mention i would like to engage your service for creating a one page tribute page for passing or Singapore 1st Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew.

The engagement will be for 4 hours of you man hours at USD25 per hour for a total of USD100. Payment to be made after the completion of the job.

Clean sleek UI is what i am looking for.

Attached is the picture that you will use. Kindly credit Photo by Tara Sosrowardoyo, National Museum of Singapore Collection somewhere tastefully somewhere
Use the word.

Remembering Lee Kuan Yew 1923 - 2015

or

Lee Kuan Yew 1923 - 2015

The webpage will be hosted on jcaworldwide.com access as below.

The social media aggregator will be feed by www.jucier.io
I have already created the feed. You will need to log in and on the left panel you will see the Embed in you site where the code is sitting.
You can also tweet the Feed settings you deem fit to lay out with your design. To further custom the design feed kindly read here Create a custom, embeddable, aggregate social media feed with CSS and Juicer - Juicer Social

Best,

Jess Goh
Activation Divison
Concept Alliance Asia
JCA WorldWIde
+65 93598999

I did the job two days later and that’s it. I’m waiting my payment until now. “Jess Goh” not even reply my e-mails or messages on Skype.

So BE CAREFUL, this forum have nothing to do with deals but we need to be careful with this kind of people.

Jess Goh: if you pay me, i will remove this message and apologise you, but i can’t realize that will happen.

Thanks,

Renan

1 Like

Lessons I have learned throughout my career as a Web Designer:

• Always ask for half of the payment up front
  • Contracts help
  • Small projects with small pay usually means you’ll always end up doing small projects for small pay. IMO, just pass on those.

@Renan_M_falo - this is just a life lesson. If he doesn’t pay up, just move on. Many freelancers go through this. At least you didn’t get stood up from a huge project with a huge bill.

Good luck out there! =)

4 Likes

That really sucks mate @Renan_M_falo I hope it works out for you, some people :-/
I do the same as @PixelGeek says, signed contract before I start, and half up front even for smaller things, because of awful situations like this :frowning:
One of the webflow admins may be able to track him down or at least suspend his account.
Best of luck mate!

1 Like

Thank you PixelGeek and jaidenraleach. It’s true, that’s the bad things of being a freelancer.
I will follow this hint about 50% up front…

Renan

2 Likes

I agree with @PixelGeek. However for small missions it’s almost counter productive to break down payments that way. I just did a small mission for €250 and paperwork and communication about that eats quite some time.

And if… if in the Designers platform, where we have our profiles, on top of the Hire button that is only linking to an email form, there was a “Buy a intervention ticket”? You’d chose the time required, pay upfront and the designer would be notified of the payment.

For small missions I’d like such a service. The money could be used to buy Webflow products and services or transfered.

1 Like

I am the person in question on this topic.

Firstly i would like to apologize Renan for not replying to his emails and Skype. I only saw this link while i was searching for Renan paypal id in my mailbox this morning my local time.

Have you exhausted all other avenues in contacting me before decided to post this in the forum ? I did mention to you i do not leave my skype on unless there is a need for me to communicate.

You have so many of my details with you including my domain hosting details user id and password. It’s just unprofessional of you to post this when you have not tried or exhausted your options in contacting me and thinks i am a nonpayment person.

Unfortunately I sometimes have to wait 1, 2, 3 or even 4 months for a payment by a client. Even though due date is 2 weeks after creating the invoice. It’s normal these days here… I should be happy to receive the money once each quarter of a year from specific clients. :confused:

Then pay the man! Don’t give excuses

1 Like

@Shopboy so instead of writing “Payment to be made after the completion of the job.” you should have write “Payment to be made after the completion of the job, once you’ve exhausted and tried all possible ways to communicate with me, wait nearly a month, then post a quite nice message – considering the situation – on a forum”

Sir, honestly, read Renan’s message again, he’s not even calling you anything, he’s only saying what happened. If what happen makes you furious, well, you’re responsible.

It’s your behavior that is unprofessional and unacceptable. It’s also laughable when we read your first email, making you appear like someone very serious and organized.

@DFink did i say i am not paying and i have not given any excuses yet !! everything i said is all stated in email and Skype

@SgtPembry so you know the completion date for the job ?

100% payment up front solves all issues. Clients are usually more than happy to do so if they’re comfortable with you and your work - (You don’t walk out of a supermarket without paying, why deliver a product before full payment? - just a thought).

1 Like

@Shopboy, what do you understand by “exhausted all other avenues in contacting you”? I sent at least 4 e-mails and many other messages at Skype and you didn’t gave any response, what should i think? :smile:

Well, i’m happy you are not a “fake” and have honor to put your face here again. Please, finish your part and i will put a stone in this story.

And thank you @SgtPembry, you clarified the whole case.

Thanks,

Renan

@Renan_M_falo read thru the whole Skype conversation properly and i did advise you if i do not response on Skype do contact me by other means.

It does not matters to me if you are putting a stone to this story or not.

The while thread started with a one sided story here.

My conscience is clear here. As i mention in my email earlier i only stumble upon this link you created by you when i was searching for your paypal id in my inbox. I am not here to explain myself further and since you have exhausted your mean in contacting me with 4 emails and a bunch of messages on Skype you might want to vent your anger further in this thread.

If you decided to pursue your payment further a phone call could really helps you.

I will rest my case from here.

@Shopboy, So you’re saying you will not pay me? The fact that I have exposed the case here gave you the right to receive a job for free? Nice strategy :smile:

Man, I sent you four emails and two requests for payment in paypal and you didn’t show up.
Did you mean for me to call you to get paid after 30 days? Oh, common.

Look the paypal invites:

Well, my email is renan.mufalo@gmail.com and I’m waiting your payment. That’s the ONLY way to you get your conscience free.

Again, you have the chance to solve this matter without further damage their image and the only way to do this is by making the payment of $ 100 is fair.

Renan

Always use Escrow and request 50% or 100% upfront. When the project is completed, Escrow releases the funds to the designer. I’ve never had a problem.