Show and Hide Interaction Issue

I’ve been trying to add a Show and Hide Content interaction per your tutorial video (http://interactions.webflow.com/click-to-show-content-video).

I’m having two problems with my website (https://webflow.com/design/assetliability27080914?preview=8f5e56988fc10e6995b1a56c1457306b)

1. When you click the first box in the “PRODUCTS AND SERVICES” area called “Asset/Liability Modeling and Reporting,” you’ll see that the hidden red box starts with a small section at the top, slides down and then back up. This isn’t correct. Have I added my interaction incorrectly?

2. In the video, it says you have to set a toggle to make the red box disappear on second click. I’m guessing the video was done with another version of the editor on the right side of the screen because I can’t find toggle to set it. Can you show me what to do next?
    Would appreciate any help. I’m on deadline with this project.

Thanks

Hi @chrisgreer33, Can you please add some screenshots demonstrating the issue as well. This will help us debug the issue much faster. :slight_smile: Posting guidelines can be found here: Posting Guidelines for the Design Help Category - General - Forum | Webflow

Thanks in advance!

As I typed above, when you click on the “Asset/Liability Modeling and Reporting” my hidden red box elements appears, but it’s not working correctly.

And secondly, I don’t understand how to do the toggle for the second click to hide the box again as I don’t see a toggle function.

Will:
Are you going to be able to help?

Hi @chrisgreer33, Thanks for posting the detailed inquiry and for following up on this. I took a peek at your site and noticed a few things:

(1) I didn’t see any interactions added for the “second click” (see attachment)
(2) Your interactions are grouped. Try breaking them out for better reliability. (see attachment)
(3) You have many many interactions, that sometimes overlap. Try to keep interactions isolated and avoid crossing interactions with others. (see attachment)

The best thing you can do in this situation is rethink your approach to your show/hide content - tabs may work better in this situation. Also, you may want to be careful with how you use hidden content in general (How search engines treat hidden or click-to-expand content - SEO - Forum | Webflow)

Hope this helps you out! Keep up the good work, your site seems like it’s coming along well! :slight_smile:

There were no instructions in the video you guys provided for how to handle a second click. In the video it mentions toggle which I don’t see as an option.

How do you add multiple interactions to one element without grouping them?

Hi @chrisgreer33, thanks for your followup. First, about the Toggle you mention, this was a label in a previous version of the Interactions panel. This has been changed. See before from the video:

and in current version, we do not use that terminology, it is just First Click and Second Click:

It is not possible to add multiple interactions to an element, but you can target an element from different interactions, if that makes sense :slight_smile: Let me know if you need me to look at something :slight_smile: Cheers, Dave

Thanks Dave. That helps clear up some of the confusion with the toggle step that was mentioned in the video.

As for the multiple interactions on an element, how do I handle that?

I was wanting the text block to slide into view on scroll and then add a click that would unveil the hidden element (the red box of text). I combined all the interactions into one because I didn’t see how to force different interactions to an element.

Hi @chrisgreer33, thanks, I understand. Let me take a look, and I will come back with a suggestion :slight_smile: Cheers, Dave

Great. Thanks as always Dave. Looking forward to your suggestion.

Dave:
Have you had a chance to review?

Hi @chrisgreer33, sorry for the delay. I was trying to look at the site, but it seems the link is no longer valid. Could you re-share the read-only link to the site ? Cheers, Dave

Thanks for checking in Dave, but since I hadn’t heard back from you I went in another direction cutting out the interactions all together.

Hi @chrisgreer33, thanks for the update. No problem, thanks for letting me know. Cheers, Dave

This topic is now unlisted. It will no longer be displayed in any topic lists. The only way to access this topic is via direct link.