Strange Mobile Menu Behaviour

Hi Guys,

I am in the process of building a site for a client and I’m getting a strange behaviour with the mobile menu only on one page (Event Security).

Really not sure what’s going on with it, when the menu slides in it seems to be transparent and I cannot figure it out. Any help would be appreciated and the link to view is below.

Cheers,

John

Here is my public share link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/roundedpixel?preview=584f11935ae0d0669eef682bd439b297
(how to access public share link)

Hi @UberGeekie, thanks for the post and the read-only link. I cannot find a page called Event Security on the site link that was shared. Could you check that ? Thanks in advance!

Hi @cyberdave, thank you for getting in touch so quickly. It’s in the dropdown menu of ‘Security Services’. Should of made that more clear, my apologies.

Hahaha, my bad. I went into the wrong site. That’s my own personal site.

Try this one: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/ewp-site?preview=810df4955055ad0eeda48fae10a2c24c

Hi @UberGeekie, I am still not exactly sure what you are referring to. Are you referring to when you click on the mobile menu button, that no menu opens? Or that the menu opens, but the links in the Security Services dropdown are not visible?

So when I open the menu on the home page or any other page it acts as normal (please see screenshot).

But when I open on the ‘Event Security’ page and then try and navigate to another page I get this (please see screenshot below). It’s happening on my mobile phone as well.

Hi @UberGeekie,

Here are some steps to try:

Step 1: remove all the style overrides for the mobile menu for the display and positioning for the Mobile Nav Menu Class.

Step 2: Select Mobile Nav Menu in Tablet Portrait Mode. Go to settings panel and click the Open Menu button. When the Mobile Nav Menu opens, go to the style panel and give the Mobile Nav Menu a width of 100% and a z-index of 2500.

I would recommend also to style the Mobile Menu Button while the menu is in the open state, and give that a high with z-index so users can see the menu close button.

I would try those suggestions and see if the menu behavior improves.

Thank you @cyberdave, will try this now and get back to you :smile:

Ok, all sorted on tablet, still not right on mobile.

Shall I repeat the process you mentioned?

Hi @UberGeekie, there are probably some style overrides (look for styles with blue color link) in the mobile landscape and lower view… I would check mobile landscape and make sure that all styles are inherited from tablet view (styles in orange color, or using defaults). Let me know if you get stuck, I think you are almost victorious :slight_smile:

Thank you for your time and patience @cyberdave, it’s really appreciated.

I’m a newbie to Webflow and bringing the client’s site over from another platform and obviously want it to be perfect. I made my own site with no issues at all so I really don’t know how I’ve got stuck.

Thank you again :smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.