The width in preview mode

Evening, I have started designing my website and this is my very first web design experience, so far so good apart for one problem I am facing and didn’t find an answer for, when I switch from design to preview mode the page width doesn’t stretch through the screen, there is a blank section on the right side of the web page in preview mode. Not sure what I’ve missed or done wrong, would appreciate your thoughts on that.

Thanks
Roya

Hi Roya ! Nice to see you here in the community :slight_smile: Could you update your post with some more information so we can help you faster? Things like your read-only link, and screenshots of the elements in question really speed things up.

Posting guidelines can be found here: Posting Guidelines for the Design Help Category - General - Forum | Webflow

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:
Cheers,
Dave

Here you can find the read only link and the screenshot:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/rnrbusiness1?preview=4700e34d18eb70db4f02e36b9de6d1c8![|690x340](upload://1UYEbcp2oeTnubOBmgNXo7K14PU.PNG)

Thanks
Roya

Hi @Royanajafy, thanks for the update :slight_smile: I took a look, and it seems you have a fixed width on the navbar and middle section of 1080 px, with a relative position, so this means the element starts at the top left corner of the page and is 1080px wide.

If you want the elements to be the full width of the page, then set the width to 100%, not 1080px.

I hope this helps :slight_smile: Let me know if any questions :wink:

wow fantastic, all sorted now, long way for me to go and still so much to learn! many thanks Dave.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.