Urgent: Grid with 1140/1170 pixel needed

It is most urgent to have an alternative grid with 1140/1170 pixel (according to bootstrap). It was announced to come already one year ago! The actual grid does not fit the current requirements anymore.
When is it available??? Please!!

1 Like

If you have your page elements all set up as percentage fluid / responsive it is fairly simple to add custom widths within a media query that includes some class elements. I look for the attribute I want to set custom through inspect element in Chrome on my published site and simply copy that css element block and add that class inside the custom code @thesergie posted. I have set media queries above 1200px and they work perfectly. Not as nice as native, but doable.

I absolutely agree that it will be great to have native in Webflow, but there may be steps you can take in the interim to fit your needs. It wasn’t nearly as hard as I imagined.

@Johannes here is an example of a custom media queries at 1200px and 1600px.
http://autopopulate.webflow.com/

I changed a number of the properties on fluid lightbox thumbs. Here is the custom media queries:

<style type="text/css">
    @media screen and (min-width: 1200px) {
        .thumb-container {
         width: 18%;
         height: 500px;
         margin: 1%;
         border: 8px solid white;
        }
    }
    @media screen and (min-width: 1600px) {
        .thumb-container {
         width: 25%;
         height: 500px;
         margin: 0%;
         border: 20px solid black;
        }
    }
</style>

I quick edit my properties I want to change when inspecting the site.css in chrome (so I can preview live changes) and once I have it tweaked, I copy it that css element and paste it into the custom code in the site head. Not as elegant as doing it in webflow, but surprisingly close, because you are seeing the edits happen right in the browser.

Hope it helps. Not meaning to take away from your request (I agree), but hoping it allows you to accomplish the urgent bit or helps someone else. - Rob