_gaq is not defined

Hi Folks,

Injected a custom script bit as outlined in option 1 on Google Analytics | Webflow University. When object is clicked, the event is fired accordingly though “Uncaught ReferenceError: _gaq is not defined” is returned. Analytics.js loads on the page and pageview event is fired prior to this successfully. Help, anyone!

Here are the resources:

1a - Webflow - Progets io
1b - http://progets-io.webflow.io
2 - Как добавить тег analytics.js на свой сайт  |  Аналитика для сайтов (analytics.js)  |  Google for Developers
3 - screenshots attached

4 - Steps:
→ land on the page
→ click on any button, example “Sign up for free”
Expected → event tracking request is made to GA
Actual → uncaught ReferenceError is thrown because _aq is not defined

Thank you,
Nik

Welcome to the Webflow forum!

Could you please edit and provide ALL the necessary details in your post so we can take a look at your site/issue?

In future if you want faster replies and more accurate answers, I suggest including all the details listed in the link above before someone has to ask.

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks!

@samliew information added, thanks for pointing out. I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Seems like _gaq is for Google Analytics Classic, which is now discontinued by Google.

Webflow has switched to Google Universal Analytics a while back, so I see why _gaq is no longer possible.

Great, thanks for clarifying. What are the integration steps for link tracking with GUA? Would be helpful to have this link updated: Google Analytics | Webflow University

Thank you,
Nick

See this jquery - ga or _gaq.push for Google Analytics event tracking? - Stack Overflow and jquery - ga or _gaq.push for Google Analytics event tracking? - Stack Overflow

Please submit your feedback at the bottom of the article.

Thanks for your help @samliew :slight_smile: