Streaming live at 10am (PST)

301 ==> /old-path is already a page for this project

I want to create 301 and get this very general “not-helping” error message.

Any ideas how to solve this (The old path live in my site + publish).

And feedback:
Please give a more semantic error message in this case ("is already a page for this project" - I can tell this for all of my pages)

Hi @Siton_Systems

Thanks for posting. The issue here is that you cannot set up a 301 to redirect an existing page in your Webflow project to another page in the same project. Instead, you can rename that specific page slug — in this case /goldmoments

I’m happy to help provide the old and new path you can use for your specific use case, if you’d like. What specific URLs are you trying to create a redirect for?

Now I want to redirect from /goldmoments to --> homepage /

No way to do redirect to existing pages? (So the message should tell "You cannot set up a 301 to redirect an existing page in your Webflow project to another page in the same project").

I draft this page beacuse its emergency. Now it works but again - very odd alert message.

I’ve forwarded your feedback to our content team and we’ll definitely look into making the message more clear.

In this case, if /goldmoments is still live on your site, you won’t be able to create a redirect.

As an alternative, you can delete or set that old page as a draft. If you set it as a draft, you can change the slug to something else. Then you’ll be able to create a redirect for /goldmoments/(home) so that if any users still have the site.com/goldmoments url they will be redirected to your home page.

But specific in my case - next week i want to remove this 301 (This is for a landing page - after the sale/promotion ends - the landing page should redirect to the homepage).

This steps:

• change /goldmoments to draft
  • set redirect (old --> new)
  • bring back /goldmoments (undradt / publish)

Work.

But weird (Bottom line I could set up a 301 to redirect an existing page in my Webflow project).