Streaming live at 10am (PST)

301 redirect and its affect on SEO

Our company, under30experiences.com--which is hosted on webflow, has been using a third party website hosting service for our trip itineraries. Once people click on a trip, they're taken to a service hosted by Strikingly where the url is modified and we set up a forward via godaddy so it all connects.

For example, if someone clicks on a Costa Rica trip from under30expiences.com, they're taken to an external site: startercostarica.under30experiences.com. I want to change that (for many obvious reasons) and am currently working on building on the itineraries on Webflow. However, I want to make sure I keep the SEO juice from all these former links that have been driving seo for years.

My idea was to simply set up a 301 redirect from startercostarica.under30experiences.com to the new url, under30experiences.com/trip/starter-costa-rica. But I have read articles like this discussing how 301 redirects can negatively affect seo by around 15% or more--but more importantly, if there is a https migration it could severly affect it.

My question is, what is the risk in setting up 301 redirects on webflow for each of these? Thank you in advance.

From my read of the MOZ article you cited, as long as your new page content is essentially the same, you shouldn't take a hit:

Ideally, if you 301 redirect a page to an exact copy of that page, and the only thing that changes is the URL, then in theory you may expect no traffic loss with these new guidelines.