3D Book Review using the CMS

http://aarons-3d-testing-environment.webflow.io/perspective-slider

Using the power of Webflow CMS and the new 3D transforms you can create some amazing interactions!

Aaron.

16 Likes

Man, thats awesome =D

1 Like

Thanks @jorn enjoying playing with the new transforms, feels like the only limit is my imagination! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very glitchy on Safari OS X. After rolling out of one and into another, the animation closes the cover, but flashes back to the contents underneath the cover.

@mbrannon47 thanks for letting me know, was only messing around so haven’t tested it in other browsers.

@Aaron No problem. It seems to be a similar glitch to the one @MinewireNetwork and @Nick1 have been experiencing using the new 3D effects.

Looks fantastic, great job!

Are you using an perspective settings? When I tried to do a flip up effect, it looked like it rotated, but your technique is realistic.

Hi @MinewireNetwork ,

Yeah took some fiddling have a look at the site in the Webflow Editor Webflow - Aaron's 3D Testing Environment

So this is the structure the “bookCoverContainer” has the Cover Image and the “bookBackFace” set to “Absolute” cover “Full”

Then the “BookCoverContainer” has a “Self Perspective” set to the below:

Hope that helps.

Aaron.

2 Likes

That was the issue, I needed self perspective. Thanks so much!

2 Likes

@MinewireNetwork

No problem, glad it’s working for you!

Aaron

1 Like

Yeah, I had the same issues.

I bet the issues are, dare I say, a problem the Webflow team will have to work out.

But aside from that, there are some cool ideas here. Nice work.

1 Like

Awesome idea. I love it

1 Like