404 errors on responsive image

I know you worked on this issue about 18 months ago, but I am still getting 404 errors on some images on exported sites.

Is there anything that can be done - by you or me - to stop this happening?

Hi @Hywel

Thanks for posting about this. Can you provide more information about the issue, please?

What sites are you seeing this issue occur in – only this project or multiple projects? When did it start occurring? Can you send me the site Read-Only links please?

Can you please try the following:

Could you also please let me know what browser version you’re using by sending me your information from this page?

There should be a small share link when you visit the page which you can send to me.

Thanks in advance!

Hi there

It happens on various sites:

http://www.adobe-building.co.uk

www.AboutFaceMakeovers.co.uk

https://www.aegsurrey.co.uk

Chrome wasn’t up to date, so I updated it:

Google Chrome is up to date

Version 66.0.3359.117 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I can’t seem to sign into Webflow in Incognito mode…not sure why?

Regards

Hywel

t: 0330 223 0078 | m: 07875 096483 | e: hi@zigger.co.uk | w: www.zigger.co.uk

Google+ Reviews | FreeIndex Reviews | Rate my work at Google+ and Freeindex – thanks!

Ziger-logo-v3-dark

Hi Hywel,

Thanks for sharing that information.

It looks like the tool you are using is appending the custom domain with all variations of the responsive image variants:

49%20PMImage 2018-04-26 at 3.00.49 PM.png724x167 63.4 KB
To clarify, the responsive images feature will automatically generate variants of each image on your site and serve up the best variant for a given device. You can learn more on this feature here: Responsive images in Webflow | Webflow University

The tool you are using appears to be appending all of these generated variants to your domain rather than just one a time which is causing the image link to appear broken. Looking at your site though, I don’t see any images with 404 errors.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.