A better / free way to connect Webflow & Hubspot

Hey Elijah,

Thanks so much for making this tool for the community! Unfortunately I haven’t had the best luck getting it to work: whenever I add the custom attribute, my forms start giving an error that some fields are required, even when I have put input inside them. When I get rid of the custom attribute off the form field, this issue goes away but it obviously isn’t connected to vim kit anymore.

Any tips?

@emstr Can you share a read-only link to the Webflow site so we can help troubleshoot the issue?

One potential reason for an error like this could be because the field names on your Webflow form don’t match the field names that you are using on Hubspot. See this video for more on matching field names (specifically 0:23 - 0:32): How to connect Webflow forms to Hubspot using Vimkit's free tool - YouTube

This seems very interesting! Is this possible with the Hubspot free version?
Thank you in advance!

@Charlotte_Rottiers Yes, it works with both paid and free tiers of Hubspot :slight_smile:

@elijah Vimkit looks like a great tool! Working on setting it up now and am looking for some guidance on how to handle “nested” form field inputs such as a dropdown, multiple checkboxes, or radios.

For example, I have a radio form field in my HubSpot form that looks like this:

You can see that there is a property name up top as well as internal value names for each input option.

On the Webflow side, when you create radio inputs there doesn’t seem to be an input group wrapper around all of the radio options that you would logically use for where you specify the name of the HubSpot property name.

You get either the Radio Button settings

Or the Radio Button Field settings

Would you put the HubSpot property name in either/both of these places, or do you use the HubSpot Internal Value here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Great question @macbleser! Here’s how you can handle nested form fields like dropdowns or radio buttons.

Radio buttons:

• The Contact Property Name on Hubspot would be the Group Name on Webflow
  • The Internal Value for each option on Hubspot would be the Choice Value on Webflow

So in the example you shared, Group Name = what_is_your_annual_revenue_ and Choice Value = less_than_1m. You would use the same Group Name for each radio button in that question and just change the Choice Value.
Radio-settings

The text that needs to be displayed to the user (<$1M) would just be typed into the radio button’s label.

Dropdowns:

• The contact property name on Hubspot would be the name of the select element on Webflow
  • The internal value of each option on Hubspot would be the value for each choice on Webflow

Webflow does not allow checkboxes with custom values (Add CheckBox Values to Forms for) so the multi checkbox field on Hubspot can’t be mapped / connected to Webflow checkbox elements. Dropdowns (Select elements) that allow multiple choices would be the closest alternative.

If you have specific issues/questions as you implement this, feel free to reach out to support@vimkit.com as well.

Hello @elijah,

Thank you so much for sharing this tool with the community. On question I have though is, can we connect multiple websites with the same vimkit account? I am asking because I will probably use vimkit for a couple of clients, so I want to know if I need to open one account for each client or would I be able to connect two different webflow sites to two different hubspot accounts on one vimkit account? or would I need one vimkit account for each client? Thanks.

@Pablo_Cortes you can have multiple Webflow sites and Hubspot accounts on the same Vimkit account :smiley:

You’ll see an “Add Website” button on the top nav once you have logged in to add multiple Webflow sites. To connect multiple Hubspot accounts, click your profile icon on the top right → Choose “Integrations” on the popup menu → Click “Add Integration” on the top nav.

If you have questions/need help setting up multiple Webflow sites / Hubspot accounts, feel free to reach out to support@vimkit.com anytime.

1 Like

Ok great, thank you very much @elijah

After spending hours with a developer from my company and hours more to be spent, I kept searching for something more easier and nocode friendly and I stumbled upon this and I have to tell you how thankful I am to you!

So glad to hear that @Scientist_X :smiley:

Hi Elijah,

First off thanks for creating this. This was the answer to our prayers. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to get it to work completely. It doesn’t work if you fill in first name, last name and email. BUT if you just fill in the email field it works. I set up a webflow site from scratch just to test everything and it’s the same issue.

Here’s the read-only link: Webflow - Vimkit Testing

Also I created a small collection to see how the form would behave in a dynamic collection page. It appears to work but in our “real” site, it has the same problems (doesn’t work when name fields are filled) but also doesn’t recognize when an email is entered. (see error): https://share.getcloudapp.com/P8umzdJR

*Everything verified fine (site and form pages) so no trouble there.

Any thoughts on what could be happening? Thanks in advance!

Best,
Lane

@Lane Glad this is useful! Thanks for sharing the preview link.

It looks like the names of the form fields on Webflow don’t match the field names on Hubspot. For example, the Webflow form has “First Name” as the field name, while Hubspot has “firstname”:

These need to match exactly (it is case sensitive). Can you update the field names in Webflow (for first name, last name, and email) to match the field name values in Hubspot? You’ll need to do this on the home page and on any other page where you have the form. See this part of the tutorial video for more on matching field names: https://youtu.be/zeFjQ8xVqos?t=22

Hey Elijah! Thanks so much. I was mistakenly putting in Name: First name, Last name… and then for ID as firstname and lastname. And then when I entered in firstname in the Name, webflow automatically adds a hyphen and number (in the ID field) to maintain unique naming.

Also, the email issue address (in the CMS) appears to work as long as the email address is legitimate. (we were using a lot of made-up email addresses).

Look forward to what you have in the works for the future! Have a great weekend!

-L

Hey Elijah,
When I submit form info on Webflow, the info only appears in the contacts, and on the forms it says that it has 0 submissions. How would I fix this? Thanks :slight_smile:

@JadeMagnum Good question!

Hubspot usually has a delay in updating the # of submissions. If you click on the form’s name on Hubspot and click the submissions tab you can see all the form submissions from Webflow instantly. Not much that can be done other than giving Hubspot a day or so to update the counts though.

1 Like

Glad that worked out @Lane!

Hi Elijah, so if a client is asking me for internal value of a radio button for their hubspot my only solution is setting up a vitkit?

Hi Tim, Not sure I fully understand your question. Are you asking if Vimkit can be used with Hubspot forms that have radio buttons (with internal values)?

I guess I’m just looking for a way to send an internal value to HubSpot when someone clicks yes or no on a form. Do radio buttons have internal values? I’d rather not have to use an outside plug-in or something to make that work. Thanks!

@engine7design