A brand new look for the Webflow designer!

Wow! I love the new preview so you can see the whole wiidth of the browser. So you dont need to publish every time to see the page full.

Ok, guys, You made my day again!!! Thanks a lot. You don’t know how really is inspiring to work with a software that move foward and bring innovation. Webflow has created a totally new business. Just look at my Chrome History, and you’ll see that this software is the main stream revenu for me and my family.

3 Likes

I love it! You guys are rolling out the changes fast! This is fantastic.

1 Like

Thank you for lightening the UI. I can now turn down the uber brilliant (and painful) display settings I had to ratchet up before.

Overall, great step forward. Well done!

I noticed a bug when delete many items of class it does not scroll bar, and the delete button is off the screen.

To all Webflow Staff:

Thank you very much!!!

you guys are very pro, the changes are good, and the support is the best… keep going!!

2 Likes

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words! We’re looking at all the bugs and issues, and should have updates rolled out by the weekend! :smiley:

1 Like

Love the new interface. Awesome work

Keyboard shortcuts for strolling between divs is strange here, is walking in the order of navigator, and not as before (which was esxelente), to enter or leave the div or go to the side div, etc.

you guys change this or its a bug?

Hey guys, we pushed some fixes to the issues you reported:

• The add tab no longer flickers over the bottom bar. cc/ @jaidenraleach @Amreet_Gill
  • The interactions panel should no longer be cut off. cc/ @jaidenraleach @creatspot
  • Fixed currently selected page styling so it’s actually visible. cc/ @jhotujec

Still working on a lot of the other bugs… stay tuned…

3 Likes

You guys are speed demons.
Everything seems to be working :smiley:
I personally think at least having the alt+arrows option would be nice so +1 on that suggestion.

UPDATE
Not sure if this is a bug? Just looks odd:

1 Like

It looks nice, but not being able to see all the classes of an element, without clicking within that box, is something I really don’t like now and it slows me down. I can’t just look and see anymore. Even before, I was constantly having to jump back and forth between the “styles” and the “settings” just for the classes. Now I have yet another click, just to see more than 1 class that might be on an element.

Would be nice to be able to custom define these tabs so we can see what we want. I usually just want to see on any new selection, the id, classes, and custom attributes, without having to hunt around for them. An option to define the whole attribute string in just one paste would be nice too.

I was also going to suggest the add element button be on the right side with the rest of the element specific stuff, but I’ll just use the short cut.

EDIT: One more thing, I think it could help a lot for selecting elements within the same hierarchy, if on subsequent clicks on that same element, the editor could just toggle through all the associated elements in that particular hierarchy. That way it would avoid having to go to the navigator tab to hunt for the element or to have to use the existing drop down menu (that only shows 2 levels anyway). That drop-down menu background could also have a better opacity setting, as it’s usually over some existing text, making it difficult to read.

Great, you guys rock! It’s nice to know that application is constantly in development :wink:

Cant see transforms in effects tabs while not close upper tabs.

Maybe it’s just me, but my brain wants the Preview button to be on the right beside the publish button, which is how you guys originally had it when you first rolled out the update (see images) :wink: (I also preferred the styling of the Page selector in the top left on the original version of the update)

Just minor things, but I keep going up to where Publish is only to remember that preview isn’t there, could just be me.

Another change I did not like was the selector classes. Before he showed all the items with the written text, now is strange, only one appears.

See example: text “link” appears in three classes, but does not show all when typing only “link”.

I have sites with many classes and I can not remember them all, I can end up creating new classes unnecessarily so.

But congratulations on agility in improving webflow! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks @callmevlad !
Everything’s very well thought out.

I also have this issue like @lucaspchara about the CSS Classes Menu.

When I push it to 20px instead of 5px it fixes it.
FYI I’m using Chrome:Mac.

Well, first of all love Webflow, since day one.

Now, the problem: i don’t know if it’s just me, but i honestly prefer the previous look:

1. Nothing should be on the design frame, now when i’m creating a navigation bar i see an ash bar on top of my design that has nothing to do with my design itself.

2. When adding a new element it falls over my design. It should have stayed on the right as it was.

3. The preview and pubblish button should have stayed where they were.

4. There is a toggle up for the bar on top when in preview mode, but it’s buggy, doesn’t go up always and most of the time even if it’s up it leaves an ash background.

The only improvement i liked is the Path bottom bar, that is amazing, but the rest!!

No disrespect intended, I know you guys have putting alot of time and work in making this new feel, and i really appreciate it, but please can you have a setting that will let one revert to the previous design interface?

2 Likes

I doubt its possible to revert considering the whole point of the update was to roll out future changes that would not work with the old design. I’ve only been in the new webflow for 5 minutes and I already love the new design just like almost everyone else on this thread. I think it will just take some time for you to get used to.

1 Like