A few features request if I may

Hi Webflow Team!
I’ve been spending a lot of well spent time in Webflow :slight_smile: and I’ve a few suggestions to kindly request.

Hover Preview When selected a hover state it would be great to visualize it. Example, when placing a white hover image it displays the white ‘none’ background. Makes it hard to see.

Rulers and Markers Exactly, a la Photoshop. A horizontal grid (not the 12 column you already have) that allows me to throw lines if I want to. Good for Rule of 3rd’s, Golden Ratio, Fifth Line.

Navigator Dont know if this is a bug or as intended, but the ability to re-position elements without it always kicking me back to the ‘Style’ panel

Clearing States Being able to completely clear a state by pressing an ‘x’ vs removing all its properties one by one.

Stop being so awesome and innovative I’m just kidding. Please continue you guys are making my life a breeze with this. Thank you for taking time to listen!

1 Like

Hey Jonas thanks for the feedback!

Hover Preview When selected a hover state it would be great to visualize it. Example, when placing a white hover image it displays
the white ‘none’ background. Makes it hard to see.

Currently when you switch to hover and begin styling you will see what the hover is. Do you want to test out the hover effect while in hover mode? Can you explain a little but more?

Rulers and Markers

That’s a great idea! Not promising we’ll have this soon, but we will consider adding something like this.

Navigator Dont know if this is a bug or as intended, but the ability to re-position elements without it always kicking me back to
the ‘Style’ panel

Right now it switches to Style panel only when you double click on an element in the Navigator. Let me know if that works for you.

Clearing States Being able to completely clear a state by pressing an ‘x’ vs removing all its properties one by one.

What do you mean by clear a state? A hover state or any class? You want to remove all the properties at once right?

Stop being so awesome and innovative I’m just kidding. Please continue you guys are making my life a breeze with this. Thank you for
taking time to listen!

Sure thing! Cheers!

Hi Sergie,
thanks for the quick reply!
Hover Preview. You are correct. I was editing multiple/layered elements and realized the hover is actually displaying as you say.
Navigator. Currently no longer behaving the way I described. Great!
Clearing States. Refering to ‘hover, pressed,focus’. Yes, a remove all properties at once.
As always, thanks!

ok, gotta put in my 2 cents too:

• copy/paste elements/pages across webflow sites: I know it’s coming but it’s the top of the list!

• some basic javascript stuff - for nav/menu dropdowns, modals, etc.

• Rulers & Markers - totally agree with @Jonas76 on the guides, but would add that I’d love a guide that shows me exactly what will be on a screen at any given moment. For instance, I know what shows ‘above the fold’ on desktop by default, but I currently have to guess on tablet/phone views. Having a guide like this would completely change the way I design for those queries. In animation, they’re called ‘tv safe guides.’

• Navigator - @thesergie I had this same issue the other day, seems to be fine now.

@Todd what do you mean by some basic javascript stuff? It’s already there… You can create your own script in Custom Code section. Modals were done that way. @thesergie created a tutorial based on my modal windows.

Another great thing would be something that was on the playground but it wasn’t on Webflow since it started in early beta. I’m talking about the screen borders. For every display you had that device-like border. That way we knew that for iPad (eg.) that will look like this when you open up a page. I understand that is something hard to do now since there are a lot of screen resolutions, but it would be good to set up the screen size or device model and see how it looks. The most common one should be enough, eg. Apple devices, Samsung Galaxy S3/4, Google Nexus 4 etc. It could be an optional feature to have, not something that will be always there.

@edit

I just come up with another idea. I’m missing that feature too… Sometimes I want to move all items in one block or simply copy them. They are not always visible so it would be awesome if I could select more than one element and copy&paste it somewhere else.

Example:

I had structure like this:

divblock
+ h3
+ h4
+ divblock2
 + img
 + p

and I wanted to create new div awesome-div and put everything from divblock inside of it than put that awesome-div inside of the divblock. I understand I could copy&paste all that stuff but it would be easier to do that with multiple selection.

@bartekkustra - yeah, I’ve actually created modals for my site based on your posts :smile:

Was just suggesting more of a drag & drop feature for elements like dropdown menus & modals, similar to what the guys did with the recent nav widget.

I never saw the playground, but it sounds like we’re on to the same point about screen borders/guides.

Agree with the group copy/paste. That would be great.

@Todd

Copy pasting across different Webflow sites

We have this planned and will be working on it soon.

Modals

This one can’t be done like other drag-and-drop elements. Because it fills the whole page - the whole creation and design process of a modal is tricky.

@bartekkustra Totally man!

Multi-select for moving and styling.

We have this planned! We’ve been wanting this for a while!