A new easy way to convert Webflow to Wordpress

I have created a landing page with a bunch of interactions and the client is requesting me to move it to wordpress. Are there any tutorials that will show me the proper way to do this?

Has anybody tried this walkthrough on YouTube?

2 Likes

Hi Diu,

Just wondering what your thoughts are of Pinegrow a year on from this post?

Iā€™m looking for a way of converting a Webflow design to a custom post type. If I do it with Advanced Custom Fields I can use its flexible layout functionality to create a ā€˜drag and dropā€™ of sorts.

Having come across Pinegrow Iā€™m wondering if I would be better off doing it with that instead of ACF.

Any thoughts?

Hi @CircleWorks, in short: I gave up on Pinegrow as soon as Webflow had their CMS. Pinegrow did the job and has progressed big time in between. So now itā€™s even easier to get a static template converted to Wordpress.

Iā€™m not sure how much time it takes with ACF, but thereā€™s a steep learning curve for Pinegrow. My personal experience was that it takes a weekend, then youā€™re done with most of the work. If you know a bit HTML+CSS+PHP itā€™s doable. Otherwise, itā€™s a challenge.

I would still love to have an option to convert a Webflow theme to a Wordpress theme, because of all the plugins and extra options that would bring. So, if any of the @webflow team is reading along, hereā€™s another try. :wink:

Does that answer your question?

1 Like

Hi Diu,

Thatā€™s really useful, thank you. I have done a fair bit of work with Wordpress so I am going to have a go at converting a Webflow design to Wordpress and use ACF as well. If I can get it working how I want it will be very powerful.

A built-in option to convert a Webflow design to a WP theme would be cool, but at least with the way it is at the moment it requires me to be the middle man :wink:

1 Like

Thatā€™s true. But the quality of fine design mixed with a good (content) strategy, is still worth money in my opinion.

This is the way to go man ACF is the truth!

Regarding Pinegrowā€¦ Itā€™s about the same difficulty if you just use Pinegrow to build your theme template as it is to use Webflow. So, you might as well just build the whole WordPress theme in Pinegrow. You still need to know where to put certain WP code snippets and how they work in order to make your theme work correctly. It does make it easier than hand coding, though.

I just use my own html now and dont even use a wordpress starter template its far easier in the end. Download, chop up into header, content, footer. Create page templates and apply that template the the pages you create in wordpress. Add the wordpress loop and all done :slight_smile: Easy really

2 Likes

Use this video for clientā€™s website. It helps me to convert only front page. I had ten pages. I couldnā€™t figure out how to do rest of the pages. Too much coding, tight deadline so I just re-design the website in WordPress using my design in Webflow as a prototype :worried: