Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Ability to add rel="nofollow" to links within the CMS Editor on Rich Text Fields - Up your SEO Game

What’s up gang! I want to draw this to your attention https://wishlist.webflow.com/ideas/WEBFLOW-I-782

When you link to websites off your site you give that site ‘seo juice’ as they call it. If you do it too often it really reduces your SEO rankings.

Please go along here and upvote this, I think its such a simple change to put this option in the EDITOR so that when we edit links in the rich text fileds of blog posts and articles on our sites we can add the nofollow tag.

Thanks

I’m already using nofollow on quite a bunch of links on my Webflow sites.

So we’re looking to make <a href="url" rel="nofollow">hello</a> right?

Here’s a link I just made in Webflow:

I used custom attributes here:

Sometimes you can’t use certain attributes names because they’re reserved for Webflow. But in this case, rel isn’t reserved.

It’s probably more delicate to deal with links inside of RT elements. CMS links can be easily crafted with inline custom code components.

Is this helping, or do I miss something?

Yes this is for static pages. But if you have dynamic pages that are pulled from collections, such as blog posts or articles. When you are editing content in the EDITOR there is no way to add a nofollow tag to that link in the blog or article post. You can hard code in the no-follow tags to specific links, as you have done above

Ok, the title of your whishlist idea was much more precise in that matter :slight_smile: I suspected you were talking about within the CMS

Its not my wishlist haha but yeah I agree @GrahamCox could tweak it a bit. I want to get more people to vote so the webflow peeps can add it in. To me it seems like a tiny tweak. But an essential one for SEO.

Did you edit the title of my post? I didnt know that that was possible!

Yes I did it because I’m a moderator here. On top of answering posts, I also rewrite titles and recategorize posts so that the forum has better chances of becoming an efficient knowledge base. Please don’t take offense :slight_smile:

non taken at all! :slight_smile: It was great! Just want more people to VOTE! ha