Ability to use Webflow Offline / Save changes offline for later Sync

I love webflow. It’ just the best responsive web editor you can find. Perfectly designer oriented and at the same time creating clean and respectful code BUT… there is a BUT : everything is stored on the server and you can’t leave a page until it’s been saved on the server. This blocks the design process if you are building navigations. In my personal case it hase sometimes taken several minutes before allowing you to test a link on an page. I suppose it’s because of my web connection (500mb/s fiber)… I suppose it could happen somewhere between Lyon (my office in France) and Webflow servers… But anyway, I’m thinking of giving up… with tears of course because the tool is just amazing.
Xavier

Official staff response

Thanks, I thought this could be possible but actually any click a link or button on the view mode is deactivated (or even kept in some buffer)… and I can’t switch page until the update is finished. Is this how it should work ?

Hi @xgougeon, it sounds like a local issue of some kind, as I am not seeing the performance issue myself, but there can be factors that cause slowness.

Take a peek here: Troubleshoot website performance issues | Webflow University

Also, remember to clear unused styles from the Style Manager on the site (too many styles, images, pages or elements can slow down a site in the designer). If you are trying to build a huge site with many pages, I recommend to use the CMS hosting for that.

If you have a link to share, I am happy to take a peek at the site to see if I can notice anything out of the ordinary: Share a read-only link | Webflow University

Thanks cyberdave for your answer? I’ll take a look at the article. I’m not using any cms functions all my content is static. I’m using webflow for responsive web prototyping only. I can’t share you a public link because the site content is condifential at this moment… Sorry. The only thing I notice is a very very slow “changes saved” in the admin. All the rest is working fine…

Hello, I don’t know if this will help, but I’ve noticed it does take a while longer to update the server if you are in preview mode. I now always make sure I’m not in preview mode when updating my sites.