Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Active tab =/ default tab

Despite having set the active tab to tab 1 in the tab settings menu, it doesn't act as the default tab when it is published. Is this a limitation of Webflow or do I need custom javascript? I would greatly appreciate a workaround.

Here is my public share link: LINK
Here is my published link: LINK

Hmm.... interesting. It may be due to the interaction you put on it.

Maybe this custom code workaround may help:

<script>$('.ps_tab:first').addClass('w--current');</script>

add that to you homepage's custom code area in the end BODY tag.

​Try these steps and let me know if you're successful. I'll be standing by for your response! :slight_smile:

Cheers

No such luck. Still having the same problem.

Could you make your project cloneable? So that we can investigate and publish that site?

The issue persists with the interaction disabled as well. Here's a gif of what happens when the page is refreshed. It appears to be trying to set the tab as active but then reverting back to an unselected state.

I think I found the issue. I was using a custom script to push the 'current' class to my navbar links when a user was on a subpage that was conflicting with the 'current' class attributed to the active tab. The script is shown below.

<script>
var Webflow = Webflow || [];
Webflow.push(function() {
var curUrl = location.pathname;
  $('a').each(function() {
    $(this).toggleClass('w--current', curUrl.indexOf($(this).attr('href')) != -1);
  });
});
</script>

Is there any way to maintain my navbar functionality without sacrificing the ability to set a default tab?

You want the main category being displayed as "w--current" after clicking one of its sub-page links, right?
Well since there is a different link on the main categories as well, it would not be a good usability behaviour to make the main category link displayed as "current page" where you still are on a subpage of it, wouldnt it?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.