Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Add captions to a Lightbox Video gallery with CMS

Is there a way to display a caption on the lightbox video gallery made using CMS.
Is possible to pull information from the cms to be included in the caption? I have followed the steps in this tutorial, but I have not been successful. https://webflow-tricks.webflow.io/how-to-caption-a-lightbox-with-video

Here is my public share link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/conormcbride-com?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=conormcbride-com&preview=f52f0123e2f17ece1369bcce93caae06&mode=preview

1 Like

Seconded - hopefully someone knows of a workaround that they can share?

Hi @Tobin, unfortunately at this particular time, captions are not available on Lightbox using the CMS feature. I do know it will be coming soon, soon.

I know you can do it with a CDN and custom code. I have to see if I can get the link for you.

1 Like

I am also in need of this feature. The dynamic Lightbox is awesome and this is definitely needed.

2 Likes

You think soon like in a few weeks?

1 Like

@bgarrant Bryan,

I have no idea. I do know that in conversations with some staff members, that it is actively being worked on.

Thanks. I will keep an eye out. About to launch a site that needs that function.

@bgarrant, you are not the only one! lol

1 Like

Thanks that would be great

I know you can do it with a CDN and custom code. I have to see if I can get the link for you.

Hey Brandon,

If you have it to hand and it’s not too much trouble, that link would be really useful :slight_smile: No worries if not though, particularly if the feature is already being actively worked on!

For anyone wishing to vote for this in the Wishlist, I have added it HERE.

TBH i have no idea! Sorry!

I have the same issue and I almost have a solution.

I created a div/window that contained dynamic text getting the caption text from the CMS.
I set the display to none, then created an interaction that would show the caption text when I clicked on the lightbox button.

This is what it looks like when I open the video lightbox…

Does anyone have an idea of how I can get the Caption text div to hide again when I close the lightbox?

@WebDev_Brandon @Tobin @Andy_Vaughan @bgarrant

Use the “X” as a second click function.

@WebDev_Brandon Thanks for the quick response!

The “X” is apart of the Webflow lightbox. I did not make it and I don’t know how to select it to attached a click interaction.

@dseadon,

You are correct, I apologize. You may need to use some custom code to make that work to continue this direction.

I know it to have it natively is on our bucket list, but I do not have an eta on when it could/would be released.

Best Regards,
~ Brandon