Adding a field into checkout form

Hi there,

I need to add a series of drop-down or radio buttons in order to offer my customers an option to select various shipping arrangements (scheduled delivery, tailgate delivery). Essentially a white-glove delivery service. Is this something that’s possible at the moment? If not, is there a work-around?

Let me know if you’d need a share link for my project.

1 Like

have you found a solution yet?

Hi @Chutchy and @Shais_Ahmad

You can use a built-in Additional Info block to get more input from your customers during checkout, but at the moment it’s fairly limited and offers only 3 fields.

@Chutchy based on what you’ve described you want to build, i assume it’s not powerful enough to solve your use case, especially that it doesn’t necessarily work as an add-on on top of the shipping selection. i’d encourage you to add the idea to our wishlist (https://wishlist.webflow.com), so we can collect what types of additional functionality we could add.

@Shais_Ahmad could you please tell us what specific fields do you need? what functionality do you want to build?

Here’s how the native field looks like:

Please let me know if you have additional questions!
Maciej

I think you should allow the designer to add as many fields as possible on additional info and then that info can show up on the order.
For example, Number fields, address fields, multiple choice fields. Furthermore I think webflow needs a larger variety of fields such as date and time fields also.

2 Likes

Agreed. I’m sad to see how limited it is at the moment.

@maciejjasinski It would be great if form fields could be added into the Additional Information box. For my project, purchases go towards helping a shelter around the country. I really needed a dropdown selector for the user to choose which shelter they would like their purchase to help.

Cem here hoping to find an answer why my 2nd addtionional info field is not sending information.
@WebflowCommunityTeam Why is this not possible?

IT’S SOON 2022 and by 2 years this option isn’t still added?

I’m building website for my shop, I only deliver to pick-up stations ( there is around 70 stations ).
I spent 2 weeks building my website to find out this is impossible to do…
Worst mistake was to chose webflow not shopfiy …

4 Likes

Hi @ymatiss.
Josh with Foxy here. Fortunately, with our seamless Webflow integration, you can layer Foxy into your existing Webflow site and product pages. You can add as many custom fields to the Foxy checkout as needed (add to cart forms too).

Info about our Webflow integration can be found here: Webflow | Foxy.io Please feel free to email us with your use case, read-only link, etc. and we can get you pointed in the right direction: hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh

@ ymatiss

same story here - i just wanted to have a field where the housenumber is a single field, because i need the data that way for the fulfilment. I thought that would be a job of 5 mins.

Hate it!

Webflow you could do so much better… unbelievable

Very disappointed with this limitation. We are sending gifts and need phones numbers of both the receiver and the sender, plus a personalised message, but have already used up the limited fields for special delivery instructions including business name. if I knew this was going to be the case I would not have used webflow.

I need to add more custom input fields into the checkout page. This should be a priority feature!

1 Like

Hello! I’m building a office/school lunch delivery service - one of the requirements is to be able to add the luncher’s name and office or classroom at checkout, or at any point during the purchase really. From the looks of things, this may not be possible unless without adding another product. I’m submitting this in hopes of providing another use case from the wild.

Cheers!

@Quitos @Diana_Aspillera did you all end up finding a solution for this?
If you’re still having difficulties, I recently built a checkout form embed product built on top of Stripe which could help you out. You can add as many fields as you like and then connect the checkout results to your CMS using Zapier etc
Heres a video of me building out a checkout form:

2 Likes

i dont know if this is a kind of bug but you can copy this input field and paste it into additional field hope it was working to you guys