Adding custom code in header or footer on a single page

I second and third the capability of adding head code on a page per page basis.

• Opengraph
  • Custom Meta - Canonical url, / Schema etc.
  • Javascript “I don’t need certain scripts on certain pages, etc.”

For know, I will just export the site and custom it out as needed.

But this would be a great feature and a time saver.

Not sure the best route to do this, I know giving access to live code on the WF platform would add a ton of issues as to how it gets interpreted by WF… etc.

Just a B-day wish for now.!

You guys are doing fantastic…!

FBM.

2 Likes

+1 This not only necessary it’s essential, I planned to use the excellent WF hosting but without this it’s really impossible.
It shouldn’t be a hard feature to implement, any timeline on completion / availability?

Everything said here is said with love for a product that COULD revolutionize coding. Not designing…coding. There are some of us that would like to use Webflow as a serious development alternative. The visual UI is HUGE and we feel it’s much faster than hand-coding HTML, CSS, and Javascript.

But not prioritizing custom head code on a per-page basis seems to signal an abandonment of the serious developer in favor of Webflow’s primary market: designers who don’t know or don’t want to mess with code.

This is such a shame because when this started out, tons of people in the industry expected it to mature into a serious development alternative. Some of us are still holding onto that, and we sincerely hope your team hasn’t given up on that chunk of the market.

It’s 2015, and clients demand features that Webflow just doesn’t support. Putting Open Graph tags in the header is standard. Canonical URLs are huge. Schema.org markup is essential for a lot of sites. It’s 2015 and Webflow does not have the ability to add custom code to headers on a page-by-page basis.

We’re told to export an ENTIRE site and modify each HTML page by hand. And forget using Webflow’s hosting solutions for this. In that case, per-page HTML head changes seem to be impossible.

Weebly has had this for a while. Even Squarespace supports per-page code injection. Somehow Webflow has a giant spot for meta-keywords (which Google and Bing don’t even use as a ranking factor) but doesn’t have this basic functionality. The competition has this feature and Webflow has been silent regarding the timeline for implementing this feature.

It’s 2015 and those of us who want to use Webflow as a serious development alternative are waiting. This product has the ability to change development for good and forever, and we’re waiting. Our credit cards are getting billed each month, and I don’t know how much longer we can wait.

Sources:

Weebly supports it: Knowledge Base - Web Hosting Help & Support | Hostgator

Squarespace supports it: Using code injection – Squarespace Help Center

Google on meta-keywords: Google does not use the keywords meta tag in web ranking - YouTube

Bing on meta-keywords: Blame The Meta Keyword Tag | Webmaster Blog

2 Likes

I completely agree.

We need this feature.

3 Likes