Adding form fields to check out

Been very happily playing around with building a protoype in webflow ecommerce.

When styling the checkout form I stumbled over the problem that you can not add any form fields or alter a check box default status.

With this it is not possible to have fo instance an agree to terms and conditions check box. Or to add a box for phonenumber…

Is this something that is just beta related, or will it stay like this?

@Marcel_Deelen you are right. Can’t find a way of adding a custom field like Accept all conditions.
Would be nice with a possibillity to add custom fiels from the Ecommerce to the check out page or any other page

I could not find it too. But, instead, I’ve added a div block under the “Place Order” button and inside add the following text & link: “Ordering this product indicates you agree with our terms and conditions

1 Like

I agree. I would love the ability to add form elements. For example, a field that a person can add their phone number, or a something like a “stage name” for artists and/or performers. I realize this is a wishlist item, so just adding my two bits.

@Big-Fish, this has been brought to Webflow’s attention already, but I do believe it is something that could be released with the Public release or very short thereafter.

2 Likes

Thanks
For anti-fraud purpose, we need, in Europe, the phone number to be able to check if the person who bought the goods is the real one…at least it ha been asked by paypal or bluepaid So as tfor the ick box for “I agree,…”

1 Like

I wonder if you embed code would you be able to hook into a variable like “CartId” using Javascript and saving variable against an identifier?

I need a DropDown Select Box and a Variable for Phone number or identifier.

@QA_Brandon - Do you know of a tentative time of release for additional data fields for customer data? The inability of being able to capture additional data limits those that are needing pertinent info on Checkout.

I’d like to ask my customers for web design brand color preferences, their username and password info for their targeted systems, additional details on their company, etc…

So far my experience with the ecommerce functionality is great! Just need a more comprehensive checkout process to provide a tailored experience before asking for payment.

Thanks!

Unfortunately I do not know what this will be released.

You could always set it up through Zapier and send them a follow-up email for just that kind of info.

Cool thanks for the update! Yep, I’m currently sending it through Zapier for the purpose :call_me_hand:

Has there been any more information given on this? Any tentative release date?

+1 on Agree to Terms checkbox

1 Like

Do you have news any update about this topic? Many thanks and happy 2020! Cheers.

Hi @Pitu,

This is available now as Additional Information fields. You can add an additional text and message field as well as checkboxes. Those are the only extra fields you can add at the moment.

There could be more available in a future release, no timeline on what they would be or if there would be one.

Best Regards,
~ Brandon

2 Likes

Hey Brandon,
Can you tell me where I can add this field?

@Pitu,

You have to be on the checkout page and then it will be accessible in the elements panel.

Best Regards,
~ Brandon

Many thanks for your answer Brandon, but we need those fields before. Checkout process users only enter personal + payment information. It doesn’t make sense for us to ask for additional information. So… basically we paid 50 USD monthly for nothing. I hope you can move on on this feature. As Product Designer at IBM it is a basic step to ask additional information before checkout process. Weak point here for Webflow.

3 Likes

Hi @Pitu! The option to add additional fields to collect more information is now available for the Stripe checkout page and the PayPal checkout page. You can now add an additional text field, text area, and checkbox at checkout.

Here is a great article in the Webflow University that goes over how to use this feature.

Is this what you are referring to? If not would you be able to describe your specific use case? Thanks!

Hey @johnramos, many thanks for your reply. From UX Perspective, when our users are in Stripe or PayPal, it doesn’t make sense to ask for additional information related to the product itself! Just to clarify with an example… I want to buy a shoes and I want to add my name to make it even more unique, you can’t ask the user “ADD YOUR NAME” during the checkout process.
The best practice from UX point of view, would be…

1. Choose shoes
  2. Select color,
  3. Select size
  4. Add you name

Thanks anyways for your answer and sharing an article.
I will be waiting (or we will waiting, because we are a lot) for that feature.

Cheers,
Pitu

1 Like

@Pitu Ah I see. That would be a great feature. Would you be able to upvote this in the Webflow Wishlist? There is currently a wishlist item opened for this here: Custom Form input fields for personalised product | Webflow Wishlist

Our Wishlist is part of our Community-driven product roadmap, and we use the votes and feedback for each Wishlist item to determine what the Community wants to see the most.

Thanks!