Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Adding more content blocks to a collection

Hi,

I went in to the dynamic collection, and added a rich text field so that I can include an email contact link. Then I went to each team member profile included in that collection to set up the email contact links.
It saved in there, but when I navigate to the page where this collection is displayed, I do not see my update reflected on the page.

What am I missing in this process?
Thank you.

Hey @Tine22 could you please update your post with some more information so we can help you faster? Things like your read-only link & screenshots really helps us to help you faster :slightly_smiling:

How to share a read-only link:
http://help.webflow.com/faq/how-do-i-share-my-sites-read-only-link

Thanks in advance! :slightly_smiling:

Again, to update a dynamically generated web page in Webflow, I am told you go in there and go into your Collection Settings (cog icon), and can add widgets and whatever web building blocks you need. - Those then transfer to your actual collection that composes a particular dynamic page, right?

I did that, but the result is not appearing in the dynamic page preview.
Best example Fly CMS template... where it has Authors & Teams in the Dynamic Data Manager,I added a rich text box (+ New Field) in there, Saved Collection, and then went to each individual's profile under Authors & Teams to inject the rich text I needed.
However, when I go to the page that houses this content - I do not see this fresh, new addition of content.

Please advise, any updates I make to a collection are not being reflected in the web page. I am still on the free plan with a purchased template. Does that impact how I am previewing the website? Do I need to purchase a plan to see CMS based modifications take effect? - That is my guess as to why this isn't working.

Please let me know as soon as possible.

Hi @Tine22

Have you tried dragging in a Rich text element into a Dynamic list or dynamic template page? If not, try that.

Also, to help us better see what you are working with, can you please share your read-only link?

Here are directions on how to do that: http://help.webflow.com/faq/how-do-i-share-my-sites-read-only-link

thanks in advance :smiley:

Hi,

That's exactly what I did - I added a Rich Text Box to the Dynamic Template Page. But it does not show on the actual page when I navigate to it.

Hi @Tine22, thanks for getting back, could you help to share the site read-only link? It will help to make things go faster. http://help.webflow.com/faq/how-do-i-share-my-sites-read-only-link

Does that only work when on a paid plan? Can you respond about that? Right now I only have the FlyCMS template I paid for.
I am wondering if the CMS dynamic template toolkit won't display edits until on a paid plan(?)

• Let me know for sure, please.

Aha, I am told it is called binding. That is the part of the process I'm missing.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.