After making DNS settings changes, email has stopped working

Hey,

Why before hosting on webflow did not tell me.

My email totally stopped working, i cannot receive any emails. My business got frozen.
Why it is not working!!!

Where can I change webflow DNS settings so it would not freeze my email?

Please answer the following questions:

1. Where was your website hosted before? Was it on a shared hosting with a web hosting provider?
  2. Do you know if your email was hosted on the same server?
  3. Do you still know the IP address and MX records of the old server?

I nearly every case, GoDaddy and other hosting companies can recover this information for you.

Hi @convidesign,

The only records that should be changed in the DNS settings for the domain, are the A Records pointing to our IP addresses, and also one CNAME record pointing to proxy.webflow.com.

See the settings page here: http://help.webflow.com/faq/how-to-set-up-a-custom-domain-with-your-webflow-site

It sounds like when the DNS settings in your registrar was updated, the MX record on the domain also got updated somehow.

That MX record should be updated to point to your mail server, and then the mail should start to work.

For support for mail dns record issues, it may be helpful to contact to the domain name registrar support group and ask them to help point the MX records to the correct mail server.

I hope this helps, if not, let me know and I am happy to assist further.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.