Amazon S3 troubles: unable to upload site assets, publishing and site duplication

Webflow, why can’t you send a notification email to your customers? Seems the least you could do.

5 Likes

Same in Indianapolis

Easier to let us waste time wondering why we can’t work properly :rage:

Hi there - Still unable to upload assets - based in Auckland, New Zealand.

It is not working here in Kansas either.

Not working for me either in Auckland New Zealand…

Same in California, and I’m trying to get out an alert about a public safety issue with the boss and board of directors waiting :frowning:

Down in Portland too- sounds like Amazon Web Services has had a massive DDOS attack, and is dropping legitimate packets/queries in the process. We’ll probably just have to wait it out.

Similar issues here too.

In Tokyo…not able to add images via designer.

Not Working in Mexico either.

I am having the same problem in São Paulo, Brazil

Still not working. I’m in Brazil.

Same in Denver Colorado…

Hi Webflow, Just letting you know that I was/am having the same issue today as well. Seems to be very sporadic, works ok for an hour then can’t upload images, can’t save work.

• from New Zealand.

Hi all, thanks for the reports. If you have not heard or been aware, here is an update. It seems there has been a DDOS attack on Amazon servers which has lasted for many hours.

Here is an article that may help to give more info: Bezos DDoS'd: Amazon Web Services' DNS systems knackered by hours-long cyber-attack • The Register

In some cases the behavior may be sporadic, i.e. working one minute then 5 min later not working.

One thing to try is to update your DNS on the local workstation to use an alternate DNS service temporarily than your normal ISP DNS.

Google Public DNS is a good option to try, see here: Public DNS  |  Google Developers

or there is 1.1.1.1 dns: https://1.1.1.1/dns/

So far, the issue is mainly affecting to Amazon S3 servers and thus things like uploading images and site assets and site duplications and in some cases publishing are affected.

Webflow is closely monitoring the situation and when there is any new major info, we will provide an update.

I hope this helps, I know this is super frustrating. The Webflow team is here to help.

1 Like

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hello,

Looks like the asset manager is not working. Once I select/drag and drop an image to upload, nothing happens. I’ve looked up this topic before posting here, it looks like there’s no useful info to go by as eventually the issue gets resolved. Is anyone else having this problem?

Of course I have a deadline so the timing around this is abysmal.

I’m using Safari Version 12.1.2 (14607.3.9)

Edit: if this is useful at all, I’ve noticed the live thumbnail of my project/website looks busted from a style sheet POV…see attached screen shot. Bugs abound…

Thanks for the help…hopefully I can get a fast response!

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

I personally just click the upload button. Are you trying to drag and drop multiple images?

I’ve tried both. 99% of the time I click the upload button and just do one image at a time