Streaming live at 10am (PST)

An important style—Lead Paragraph—is missing from the Rich text Block

Rich text blocks allows us to add H1, so we can build a whole aticle inside it.

So it misses one very important style. I can't find the word in English but in French it's CHAPO (from "chapeau", hat).

It's the bigger paragraph just after the main title of an article. here it is, simulated with bold:

As we can't add styles in RTs, I find myself missing this style everytime and be obliged to break down my content into:

H1
p.chapo
Rich Text

That would be cleaner, easier, if I could put everything in the RT block.

Thanks for listening! :slight_smile:

You probably meant one of these: lead-in / introduction / preamble / summary

Digital/online magazines call it "lead-in", at least with the two companies I worked with.

Yes Introduction seems right, but there's maybe a very specific term coming from the print world.

In journalism, the lead paragraph should not be confused with the standfirst (UK), rider, kicker, bank head(line), or subhead (US). These terms refer to an introductory or summary line or brief paragraph, located immediately above or below the headline, and typographically distinct from the body of the article.[9]

Subhead seems more of a one-liner.

Lead paragraph, or standfirst, which redirects back to Lead paragraph, looks like what you are looking for.

Hey Vincent, On the pages where you want the lead-in paragraph to be you could do this:

Give your rich text block some sort of class. For this example we'll call it article-post.
In the page or collection-template settings you can add custom code to the head of the webpage, so you would input something like the following:

<style>
.article-post p:first-of-type {
  font-size: 1.2em;
  font-weight: bold;
}
</style>

This will apply a slightly larger font-size and a bold weight to the first <p> with your rich text block named article-post. You can change any of the settings (font-size and font-weight in this example) to anything you want for the first paragraph so you can get it looking exactly how you want it.

Note: the results are only visible in the published website not from within the designer.

Also as a note, rather than putting it in a specific page's settings you could go to the website's custom code tab in the dashboard and put it there, then all instances of article-post will have the first paragraph altered across the whole website.

Hope that helps :smiley:

Haha perfect I guess that's exactly what it is. Thanks Sam :slight_smile:

OF COURSE PSEUDO ELEMENTS!

I could have thought that one by myself... We're all so, so eager for Webflow to come up with a great support of pseudo elements...

This is the perfect solution for now on, quite clean and elegant. Thanks for the detailed answer Travis.