An Open Letter to Webflow

I’m happy to live with Webflow’s feature limitations. At least we can find out about them - there is a whole post on these forums that spells them out in black and white. If a project is better suited to another platform then so be it. Not a biggie.

However what I can’t live with are the performance issues. These have derailed so many projects I’ve worked on. As projects grow larger, the designer becomes unusable a large portion of the time. It’s infuriating to work with. This topic has been discussed at length on these forums for years, with no response from Webflow. See my linked comment above where @TG2 complied a list of these posts. I gave up hope of Webflow addressing this a long time ago.

+1 for this, I’m in the same boat. In fact I deleted my personal subscription because I didn’t feel that Webflow was providing me with value for money. I don’t even care about the multi-language thing personally, I’m happy that Webflow has come out with the truth about it. Right now I’m still bound to Webflow through all the projects I’ve done in the past through agencies so can’t see myself escaping just yet.

What disappoints me is that there has been zero follow through from this statement from Vlad in April last year. In fact Jiaona’s first post ever in these forums was just the other day to carry out damage control on a Webflow feedback thread. Despite the Webflow forums being full of paid users, I guess Webflow’s VP of Product talks to users of the product somewhere else?

7 Likes