Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Any sites in the Showcase that have working google calendars in them?

wondering if I can see any information on how to do this??? :smile:
Thanks!

1 Like

I’m not aware of any examples of this in the show case, but I do have quite a bit of experience working with the Google Calendar API. If you could give some more detail about what you’re wanting to do I might be able to point you in the right direction.

I am trying to incorporate a calendar layout for events in a website for charity that i am doing. I don’t know how to do this in webflow and the only thing I could see was people suggesting using a google calendar.
I am not experienced in code at all, just a designer that uses webflow.
When I googled it, it showed how you set-up a calendar, make it public then copy the code. That’s where I am unsure as to how to incorporate it to my site.
Any help would be appreciated, and thank you for the reply.

@danandmic

Hi Connnie! Hope this helps:

This depends on how seamless you want the integration.

Option 1: Embed a google calendar or other calendar tool! Depending on functionality needs this should be fine.

Pros: easy install. Just drop the embedded calendar code (iframe) into a “Embeded block” that you pulled into your site using the Webflow designer. Place the embeded code block wherever you’d like the calendar to appear.

Cons: no design customization, no custom Css/JS

Option 2:

Google Calendar or other calendar API

Pros: complete design control and customization
of functionality. Ability to use a custom calendar UX.

Cons: you would probably need to hire a developer or learn the integration :slight_smile:

You could go to your Google Calendar settings and check that it is publicly visible:

Then scroll down further to the “Embed Code” section:

Then copy this iframe, and head over to your Webflow site. Create a new embed element on your site, then paste the Google Calendar embed code in. Make sense?

1 Like

Wow, that seems pretty easy!
Thank you. I wonder how it would look on mobile format?
Any experience in that?

Hi Jason,

Do you know if when adding an event on the google calendar it automatically updates on the site? If so, how?

Thank very much

I imagine it would but haven’t tested this.

1 Like

Good afternoon,

Do you know if it is possible to create a personalized calendar to stay on the site as in the example?

Does anyone know a free solution?

My client needs to be autonomous in the management of events that will appear on the calendar.

Thanks