App crash with grey screen

Hi,

I noticed that the app is crashing while I work on my site. The screen turn grey and I have to reload the page.

I am on Mac and work on Safari

Anyone else with the same problem or a solution

Cheers

Matt

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi @MattNZ

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention! That is definitely unexpected behavior - I’m looking into it now with our team - as soon as I have more information, I’ll send over more information immediately!

What sites are you seeing this issue occur in? When did it start occurring? Can you send me the site Read-Only links please?

Were you editing anything specific when you encountered this behavior? Such as editing a Lightbox element or working on a different task?

Can you please try the following:
(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help
(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: Chrome DevTools - Chrome Developers

Thanks in advance!

HI Waldo,

Thank you for your reply.

It seams that it happens when I am changing the position of an element or paragraph for example from Auto to Relative. But I think it has also happen in other instance. But it is always from that right setting box.
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/wind-co-canvas?utm_source=wind-co-canvas&preview=ba8317c87d7b9dedd3fefeb34d055c1f.

I will try in incognito in Safari, I don’t really use Chrome.

Thank you

Matt

Hi @Waldo,

I’ve been having the same problem, but it happens to me when I try to populate the URL for the video element.

Thanks,
Brianne

Happened again

Definitely when I try to move an element from auto to relative

15%20AM

Actually had this happen once today when switching to another page on my site (within the Webflow designer).

I had this happen to me twice over the last few days…and a warning that Webflow was using up too much resources by Safari. So perhaps it is related, a memory leak or something similar?

I am experiencing some odd behaviour, crashing and screen flashing when moving from designer into preview. Thought it as something to do with re-using animations. Preview is loading missing elements, flashing, then crashing.

Hi Waldo,

Any news on your side regarding the problems.

I have only tried for a few minutes on private browsing in Safari so far no problem but I will need to use a bit longer to make sure.

Unfortunately still the same story in normal browsing. it sometimes happens 3-4 times within an hour

Cheers

Matt

Hi @MattNZ, @DharmaNode, @simon_l,

Te team is currently investigating the issue - at the moment we still don’t have an update, however rest assured that we are prioritizing a solution and we’ll update this thread as soon as we have an update.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

I’ve noticed this bug, it happened to me by:

• Open up a Symbol Element
  • Select an element in the symbol
  • Hit ‘Esc’

Have to reload the page to get the UI back.

Hi @danwilko @MattNZ @johnsherwin @simon_l @DharmaNode @bdahle — got a quick update for you.

The team was able to isolate the issue and we’re super close to deploying a fix. We are currently going through some rounds of QA to make sure all is good, but we should be able to deploy soon.

Thanks for your patience so far! :bowing_man:

3 Likes

Hi @danwilko @MattNZ @johnsherwin @simon_l @DharmaNode @bdahle

The update we created is live now. It should address some of the performance issues.

Can you please try logging out of Webflow, then completely close Chrome, and log back into Webflow with one Chrome tab open? Then try opening the project that was crashing.

If the issue persists for you it’s likely not all related to one main issue, but rather related to each individual project. Our team is happy to take a closer look at each of these instances, but in order to so can you please reach out to us directly using this form: Webflow Customer Support | Webflow University

In the body of the submission, can you also please mention this forum post thread? This will help our team accurately track each individual instance.

Thanks so much and standing by for your confirmation that the issue is resolved, or your emails if it’s not.

@Brando,

Sure, will do. I haven’t had any issues yet but will report if I come across it again.

1 Like

Bonjour tout le monde, moi aussi je rencontre ce problème. Je travaille sur Mac sur Chrome et peu importe l’action passage de la grille à l’état normal, passage parfois d’une section à une autre il me semble qu’il n’y a pas de logique…

bonjour, lorsque j’ajoute une ligne à ma gille l’écran devient gris…
http://boisetsens.webflow.io/cuisine02

Hi, just letting you know I am still experiencing the same crashes, not as often, once while working last night and once this morning so far.

Could this have something to do with interactions? It seems to happen when I am working on them, often having to log out and re-open so that I can bind interactions to elements. At the moment I am working on one and the ‘play’ interaction to preview it is not working. You had said that you had isolated the problem but didn’t provide information about what the issue was before?

Non quand je travaille sur la grille, que je change les intitulés des formulaires, bref pas de cas précis de mon côté.