App tip for Apple users

Lingo

I have not used for that long but I think it’s a great little program that helps you organize your images that you’re using in your projects.

Try it it’s free, some additional features can be accessed through pro and team accounts.

1 Like

I’m using http://inboardapp.com/

Thinking about to transition to Pixave 2 http://www.littlehj.com/

I tried Lingo, but it aims at collaboration so if you use it as a catalog to organize, it’s free…; I don’t see too much feature coming the way of this use case. I’m a bit chilly around Nounprojects apps, they tend to have expensive plans.

Pixave and Inboard are a one time pay apps, i feel more comfortable with this.

2 Likes

Will check your tips out

Inboard looks interesting. I bought pixa a while back and still haven’t used it. Does inboard support indesign files?

Found this conversation

Also, when i look at this other programs like inboard and Pixave Lingo was deleted :grinning:. Used Ember for a while.

I don’t think so but Pixave could be.

Lol

Okay I am not going to brag more on Ember, you can read what I (Vincent Bé) said in the DN thread about Ember. I lost so much things with Ember, repeatedly. Got a refund after a year finally. What they did was not cool at all, they never tried to recover my database even if they could, they never tried to fix bugs etc… A nightmare.

This story has to do with why I won’t try Lingo. Put your stuff in it, bring it to your workflow and be hammered with an expensive price plan coming out of nowhere. I am not complaining about the plans per se, but sometimes I wonder if publisher realize how hard is it going to make a sustainable revenue from a specific pro tool app. The targeted crowd is narrow, doing such a business is extremely hard. A lot are trying, a lot are dying. I need strong signs of health before putting efforts in an app, or money but really that’s the efforts that counts more here. Pixave 2 shows signs of an incredible health, their features are very well fine tuned, very deep. I’m still benchmarking it but I’d love to use it for real. If I figure it can replace Inbord and Monosnap, and possible Licecap too, I won"t hesitate long…

1 Like

What is the DN thread and where can I find it? thanks! :wink:

Actually found that I had paid for Pixa but did not had on my system now. Downloaded it again :grin:

Hi Vlad

The one Jorn pointed out here:

1 Like