Apply interaction only to parent element

Hey everyone,
I am trying to scale my parent element when someone click on a child element, but I can not figure out how to make the children not scale as well. It’s probably simple, but I can not figure it out. It’s on my home page in the I’m New part. I couldn’t find anything in the forum, but I just think it probably has to be there somewhere.

Thanks,
Dan

Oh and @Waldo has helped me in the past.

Here is my public share link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/the-hub-f954a5?preview=517259a6792bb010e722aba4c2a50363

1 Like

Great question @Dan_Ross_III and thanks so much for reaching out and welcome to the Webflow Community :smiley: :purple_heart:

Since you’re using a scale effect for the parent element, it will scale all the elements within the parent as well as the parent element (a scale is essentially like adding a transform to a parent element in Photoshop).

Try instead adding an “auto” height interaction :smiley:

Here’s a GIF showing how to do that: Screen Recording 2017-02-03...

​Please let me know if this is helpful, or if you have any additional questions, I’m happy to help further. :smiley:

I saw that after I submitted the question. Total noob. Hopefully, someone else will one day benefit from my ignorance.

Thanks for your help @Waldo

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.