Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Attached images src will change to URL on duplicated site

Hi Webflow team,

I come across this issue seemingly every time I duplicate a site.

The images src of the duplicated site will turn into an absolute URL “https://uploads-ssl.webflow.com/…”.

It forced me the check every images, reattached them, and make sure they are attaching the images files of the new duplicated project. This also make sure the images are in the zip when I output html. It was time wasting. :cold_sweat:

The images attached as bg images of elements like div is fine though.

Is it a bug? Or, how to avoid this?

Thanks.

Hi @anthonychan2509

Thanks for posting about this — it definitely sounds like odd behavior.

I tested on this end but wasn’t able to reproduce this. What sites are you seeing this issue occur in & when did it start occurring? Can you send me the site Read-Only links please?

Can you please try the following:

Could you also please let me know what browser version you’re using by sending me your information from this page?

There should be a small share link when you visit the page which you can send to me.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Please check out the below site, which I just newly duplicated.

Duplicated Site
( Read-Only )

You can see that all images src are absolute URLs.

And the dead-link images at the bottom are referencing absolute URLs as well. I guess the reason they are dead is because I had deleted the very original site.

The answer for “What web browser are you using? Is it up to date?”.

Thanks.

Hi @anthonychan2509

Thanks for replying here — this is definitely a bug and we want to get this resolved soon.

I tried to reproduce this on my end but still am unable to. Here are the steps I took:

1. Create a new project
  2. Upload an image to the site and add it to the canvas as an image element (not bg image)
  3. Publish the site
  4. Duplicate the project
  5. Publish the new duplicate site
  6. Delete the original project
  7. Check the duplicate — images are still in tact

Can you please let me know if I took a wrong step somewhere here to reproduce this? Knowing these exact steps is useful for our engineers to get these kinds of issues resolved as quickly as possible.

​Thanks in advance!

Hi @Brando,

It looks like I figured out how it happens. It looks like it does not related to duplication.

It happens when I copy and paste elements.

Here is the duplicated site: Link & Read-Only
Here is where the elements are copied from: Link

After downloading the zip, and open up the html file. The elements at the bottom, which were copied from the original site, their image arc is not referencing the files but referencing the URLs.

In terms of steps,

1. Open a current project - Site A
  2. Open another existing Webflow project - Site B
  3. Copy elements with images from Site B to Site A
  4. Save / Publish
  5. Export code of the Site A
  6. Images are not attaching with the exported site

Is it designed to be like this? It’s quite frustrating if it is so.

Thanks.

Hi @Brando

How’s it?

Hi @anthonychan2509

Thanks for your patience :bowing_man:

I’ve been unable to reproduce this on my end still — not sure if I’m missing something.

That said our team just pushed a fix that affected cross site copy paste and this may have helped resolve the issue you see.

Can you please test this in an incognito and let me know if the issue persists? Thanks in advance!

Ok, let me try and let you know.