Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Autofit Grid using Collection not working

OK, schoolboy error here surely! I can’t for the life of me work out why my grid changes to portrait when viewed in as a published site yet my WF preview appears correct? FYI it’s a lightbox gallery that uses a Collection, with the Collection converted to an Autofit Grid.

Its the image gallery at the bottom of page.

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/dallas-design?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=dallas-design&preview=6d5fc86d879f5a3a0fdd63f0c0ffb3da&mode=preview
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hello.
Perhaps it would be more convenient to throw out the collection and just put the images in a Grid? Creating a collection for only four photos is perhaps a bit much?

A Collection is required since the gallery will eventually have hundreds of images and the client needs to add the pics themselves.

@ConnectCreativeDes Neil,

Are you using the Multi-image field feature or single image placement within the Lightbox?

Also, you may try to use the object-fit feature. One what browser are you seeing this difference?

Please let me know if you have any other questions,

~ Happy Designing ~
Brandon

Hi, thanks for the reply. I’m using a single image placement within the lighbox (with lightboxes linked).

I’m seeing the issue on all browsers i’ve tried, here’s a live preview https://dallas-design.webflow.io/ (its the gallery near the bottom of the page).

I’ll have a play with the new Object Fit to see. Frustrating thing is, I have this working perfectly on another site, albeit the grid does not use a Lightbox. I’m stumped!

@ConnectCreativeDes,

You must’ve figured it out as I do not see your initial issue in your share link. Even on your live site it looks perfect.

Please let me know if you have any other questions,

~ Happy Designing ~
Brandon

1 Like

UPDATE: Sorted, I had to give my Collection item a minimum height. After I did that, it worked perfectly :slight_smile:

1 Like