Automatic Optimization of Images (Size, Dimension)

Any updates on this feature and when it will be available?

3 Likes

I am pretty sure you can already do this feature with sort of like a hack method. What you do is set the image to a class and then have the measurements fixed at a certain VH or VW and for each browser size it automatically adjusts. Check out what I did in my site. The very top image automatically adjusts. The site link is vladinsacramento.webflow.io . To do this though you should have a general knowledge of VW/VH/EM measurements. Hope this helps. :grinning::wink::blush:

This thread is more about optimization of size and dimensions of images to affect load times on different devices, not the look on different devices.

@DFink Oh, okay, I feel so much like a newbie now. Haha. Take care. :wink::grinning::blush:

1 Like

No worries, thanks for all your help on the forums! :+1:

1 Like

I’m looking this feature on CMS hosting, as you know most client editor will just upload their photos without prior optimization, 2MB/photo each is not cool. :sunglasses:

@liewzy, be prepared to smile a lot. What is coming is worth the wait :wink:

7 Likes

:heart_eyes::sweat::stuck_out_tongue:

My next soon-coming webflow-project will be a portfolio for a photographer.

I did a little research about collections with unspecified numbers of images (useful for a photo-gallery of unknown size, right?) As it seems this is not possible yet Create gallery through CMS - #3 by Aaron - CMS - Forum | Webflow

I would/could for now live with the solution of creating (image1, image2, image3,…) inside a “galleries” collection, for example. Doing this for the thumbnails as well though (= having the client to upload everything twice) is kind of unsexy.

So add me to the list of interested freelancers as well. :stuck_out_tongue: